Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The wheels on the bus...

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
It’s strange, maybe it’s my age or just I’m a miserable git at times, but I find it’s silly things that really annoy me.

Today, I bought my little one a toy that sings “Wheels on the bus”.

Since when has the bus gone “all through the town” and not as I know “all day long” - have Health & Safety been checking up on the bus driver, has he been doing too many hours? Why?

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
It was too expensive to fit the toys with Tacho's, apparently. It automatically packs up after 8 hours.

Also, it should come with a toolkit to check floor and carpetworthiness once a week, and be fitted with those yellow things which go over the wheel nuts.

Bend at the knees. Bend at the knees.... :)

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Thanks to austerity cuts, there are no longer any rural bus services at all anywhere in the UK, and most services finish around 19:00 hrs.

The song therefore needed amending to reflect reality: town and city services only, during limited hours.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
And I thought this was going to be a thread about our current form and a pessimistic prediction for tonight.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Buses do go all day long, with regular driver changes.

Tell your kid to carry on singing it till Dad goes crazy!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It’s strange, maybe it’s my age or just I’m a miserable git at times, but I find it’s silly things that really annoy me.

Today, I bought my little one a toy that sings “Wheels on the bus”.

Since when has the bus gone “all through the town” and not as I know “all day long” - have Health & Safety been checking up on the bus driver, has he been doing too many hours? Why?

There used to be a regular bus service between Faversham and Sittingbourne. Alas, some people came down for a day trip from Croydon....

burningbus.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Given our match tonight my first thought was “have come off”

Edit - I think [MENTION=12904]Napier[/MENTION] beat me to it with the same thought.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
And the bus driver from Palace goes Poo Poo Poo, all over the Amex.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is plainly a thread for grumpy old men who have either forgotten how much joy these songs give to small kids, or who have never had any :lolol:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm assuming that the wheels are unlikely to go all day. So if you are familiar with trades descriptions then you could have a case under the Sale of Goods Act of 1979.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We knew the wheels weren't attached beforehand, truth be told!

Given our match tonight my first thought was “have come off”

Edit - I think [MENTION=12904]Napier[/MENTION] beat me to it with the same thought.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here