Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Let’s forget all the negativity and be positive for a change and get behind CH & the lads.

Your post seems to have fallen on deaf ears (blind eyes?) :)

To be honest I felt the same as everyone else seems to be feeling seeing that line up... Sigh

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Could someone PM a working river?

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
It will be quite a challenge when Leicester are going to want to play for their new manager. Such a pity they took action at the weekend - the difference will be that their players will keep trying while previously they may not have tried quite so hard.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
After the last ten results with pretty much that team that line up is laughably predictable. The only one positive is Locadia couldn't be selected otherwise sure he would have started too. Really starting to worry that Hughton has totally lost the plot and we are going down.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Surely that has to be the best bench we've ever had in our history?

Guess we're playing to keep it at 0-0 for as long as possible, then maybe go for it in the last ten mins? #FearingTheWorst

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Is CH starting to become something of a hypocrite? His mantra since taking over the Albion has been you play your way into the squad and you stay there if you're playing well. Bissouma and Bernardo have done exactly as he has asked and with them being out of the XI it shows, IN MY OPINION a change in attitude from CH, almost a stubbornness I didn't think he possessed, and it's not for the better.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If we take the chances we create at 0-0 then we could go there and get a win. If we're able to get back to our defensive resilience, we can win any game at this level because we do create the occasional chance. But we've not been taking them at the crucial times, if we take a lead we can then manage a game. We just aren't going in front very often and we're too easy to score against at the moment. I think we've got the talent throughout the squad to win games like this one today, but I'm not expecting us to. We're away.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Being saved for coming on in the 50th minute for when we're 2-0 down, and injecting some pace into the midfield for a 4-2 comeback win! :rave::albion2:

50 minutes?! I hope you aren’t driving home, as you’re clearly shitfaced. The first unforced sub will be no sooner than 70 minutes and will be like-for-like.

What’s the tracker say we need for this one? Is it a 1-pointer or a free hit?

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Just in the boozer in Leicester, not expecting a result with that starting line up. Not seen many Brighton up here, anyone know how many we’ve sold?

Think they got wind of the Line Up and turned back.
Not won in the League in 2019 but keeps rewarding the same players...

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I am beginning to wonder whether CH knows what he is doing. A seriously uninspiring team selection. Slow with absolutely nobody in the side who will worry the opposition. Hope I'm eating humble pie at 2145 but I doubt it. 4.0 to the Foxes for me although it pains me to say it.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Well I think it’s a good squad for the game , seeing Izquierdo and until today apparently mummified Locadia both on the bench gives me a crumb of comfort before the Huddersfield game , the experiment of don’t lose has been over tried to the point of ridicule now and the actual team does surprise me unless Bissouma and Bernardo are not quite 100% then I think the only person that doesn’t realise they should start is the manager , please prove me wrong Mr Hughton, COYG

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Be interesting if the warm weather training etc has had any positive effects. We really need to put in a decent performance ASAP or we ARE going down. Crowd will be well up for it with the news about Rodgers.

It's been very warm here for the time of year. I think they just went for a jolly old knees-up.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Same line-up that has relegation away form in 30 matches, but with a worse right-back. Logic dictates the outcome will be a Leicester win by 2 goals - 2-nil or 3-1.

What does Hughton think will be different this time?

I don't know who is worse at repeating the same proven failed recipe - Theresa May or Chris Hughton?

Bissouma and Izquierdo needs be STARTING FFS! (for Stephens and Gross, March behind Murray.)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Is CH starting to become something of a hypocrite? His mantra since taking over the Albion has been you play your way into the squad and you stay there if you're playing well. Bissouma and Bernardo have done exactly as he has asked and with them being out of the XI it shows, IN MY OPINION a change in attitude from CH, almost a stubbornness I didn't think he possessed, and it's not for the better.

Not sure Bissouma has done that to be honest, he looked good against West Brom and Derby, but personally I don't see him as a better option to Propper or Gross at the moment, and I don't think he's suited to Stephens role. Bong was kept out of the side for a period of time, Bernardo has looked a bit shakey since coming back from me. Really tight call that one.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Anyone else looking forward to one up front again on Saturday?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here