Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I didn’t say anything about expecting us to dominate for 90 minutes. You’re putting words in my mouth there. I’m realistic enough to know our limitations.

Look at Leicester’s second goal tonight. Win it back in midfield, one turn, one pass, Vardy is through and BANG. Look at Burnley’s second against us a couple of weeks ago. Win the ball in midfield, one slip from Stephens, one pass into Wood and BANG. I could go on. And these teams are not Man City, they are mid-table sides. You have to do things quickly in this league, exploit the split second you have the other team exposed for. Knocking it about in midfield endlessly before getting it to March to hoof in from deep towards a geriatric centre forward is not cutting it.

We are utterly incapable of doing what (seemingly all) the other teams do at this level. We are one-paced and predictable. WOOD punished us, Wood ffs!
Even if we don't go down (and I don't think we will, though it's gonna far closer than it should have been) we need to work on this for next season or it's more of the same. After last year it all feels like we're going backwards.

Last edited:

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
What’s intriguing is how we always seem to concede (or at the very least give away the momentum) at the worst possible times. First 10 mins in any game isn’t great, but today we could have hopefully got the crowd a bit nervy. Fulham, we concede 2 mins into the second half and give them hope. Game management has been poor, and some of the more senior players need to take the blame for that, lacking leaders on the pitch

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Really? You don’t think just a few of those 1 nils were just a bit lucky? How is it people cite a shortage of luck when descending? No, think you’ll find the real reason we’re in a mess is poor tactics and ability at this level. We try our best but it’s clearly not good enough. Nothing wrong with that or saying that, unless you try to defend it’s not the case using spurious claims like the absence of luck.

The thing is, if we're honest we're actually pretty lucky to not be in Fulham's position. Those three 1-0 wins on the bounce for example. We got thrashed in all of them pretty much! We have been terrible on the whole this season; if we do stay up there needs to be a big shake up over the summer to ensure a better season next...

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Murray cost us that game. We played well for large portions of the game and his two missed gilt edged chances were the difference.

I take heart from the fact that the team did fight and we do not look a team going down imo

Murray did miss a couple of sitters but how the hell are we in a position that we got to rely on a 35 year old to keep us in the premier league . Locadia is the biggest game ante of money ever . Waited forever to c Andone, propper one goal in 66 Stephens no better not Murray’s fault wasn’t for him wouldn’t b here . 15 goals last season 10 this hughton barber and winstanley need to answer some obvious questions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Really? You don’t think just a few of those 1 nils were just a bit lucky? How is it people cite a shortage of luck when descending? No, think you’ll find the real reason we’re in a mess is poor tactics and ability at this level. We try our best but it’s clearly not good enough. Nothing wrong with that or saying that, unless you try to defend it’s not the case using spurious claims like the absence of luck.

They were. West Ham and Wolves completely outplayed us at the Amex, but we somehow won.

(Yes, I know football’s often that way, and that we won fairly).

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Oh come on, Murray has been fantastic for us since coming back, you can hardly say Lancing has fooked him up. He's having a lean spell and had a shocker tonight, but you can't tell me thats down to bloody Lancing.

The performance tonight wasn't "mediocre, risk-free football". It was swift, dominant and inventive for long spells, but was rendered irrelevant because our primary striker, and Duffy, had absolute shockers in front of goal. I fear if you are actually expecting us to dominate for 90 minutes and be utterly ruthless in front of goal, you might just be watching the wrong football club. Because in the Premier League, we are not quite a Man City just yet.

I didn't blame Lancing for Murray's misses. I don't blame Murray at all. Without his goals we'd be bottom of the league. My reference to Lancing was asking what do they do there every day because whatever it is we aren't getting many points as a result of it? Bissouma is an example. He has talent and should be good for us for a long time-so why aren't our coaches telling him to stop fecking shooting all the time? That is down to coaching surely? How many attacks have ended with the ball in row Z?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I don’t agree with those who said we were safe a few months back and don’t agree with this now. All in our hands and we can certainly do it

I said we’re in real trouble last Xmas based on what I saw then and continue to. We are absolutely awful in front of goal. And we’re going down because of that, it’s not fair to expect Dunk and Duffy along with Ryan to be continually at top of their game which incidentally, includes scoring more goals than our midfield combined. Together with a complete lack of ideas coming from the bench, our inability to score goals has been laid bare for a while now and it seems we’re unable to fix that for whatever reason. So down we must go but we could well bounce straight back and be better off for it

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
hughton barber and winstanley need to answer some obvious questions

The obvious omission being the person who sets the budgets, the wage structure etc.

Not easy to bring in a 15+ goal a season striker when you're working with a wage ceiling and a budget. The obvious question is why we don't spunk £27m on a striker and give him £120k per week?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The thing is, if we're honest we're actually pretty lucky to not be in Fulham's position. Those three 1-0 wins on the bounce for example. We got thrashed in all of them pretty much! We have been terrible on the whole this season; if we do stay up there needs to be a big shake up over the summer to ensure a better season next...

Percy tau is our saviour

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
The obvious omission being the person who sets the budgets, the wage structure etc.

Not easy to bring in a 15+ goal a season striker when you're working with a wage ceiling and a budget. The obvious question is why we don't spunk £27m on a striker and give him £120k per week?
We spent £14mill on locadia what a waste that was . £17mill on AJ and never see him
I dont won’t to spend that sort of money either but if it’s gonna keep us in the premier league then our wage structure is gonna have to change to bring in better players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
We’ve scored 63 goals in 65 games since we came up. It can’t all be bad luck and poor finishing. At what point do we admit our style of play stinks?

We are dull. Nailed on last game on Match Of The Day. Yes it's all nonsense, but that shit sticks for a reason. No neutral would watch our games, why would they? Unless you're Albion, what on earth is the point of us in this league?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Seems strange after a loss but we are more likely to stay up after tonight. Cardiff losing at home now means they only have 4 home games left to our six.

And 2 of Cardiff's remaining 4 home games are against Liverpool and Chelsea.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I didn't blame Lancing for Murray's misses. I don't blame Murray at all. Without his goals we'd be bottom of the league. My reference to Lancing was asking what do they do there every day because whatever it is we aren't getting many points as a result of it? Bissouma is an example. He has talent and should be good for us for a long time-so why aren't our coaches telling him to stop fecking shooting all the time? That is down to coaching surely? How many attacks have ended with the ball in row Z?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

We are having a lean spell and going through a bad patch. It happens to most teams at some point. Nobody was grizzling about Lancing a year ago - were it not for Lancing, we probably wouldn't even be in this bloody division in the first place.

Bissouma is in his first season, as a 22 year old, in a new country, playing in the toughest, most competitive high quality League in the world. He can be forgiven for not looking like Zidane after 6-7 months, can he not ?

I thought we were a fairly realistic bunch on the whole, but the rivers of piss billowing around after tonights game really are something else.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I said we’re in real trouble last Xmas based on what I saw then and continue to. We are absolutely awful in front of goal. And we’re going down because of that, it’s not fair to expect Dunk and Duffy along with Ryan to be continually at top of their game which incidentally, includes scoring more goals than our midfield combined. Together with a complete lack of ideas coming from the bench, our inability to score goals has been laid bare for a while now and it seems we’re unable to fix that for whatever reason. So down we must go but we could well bounce straight back and be better off for it

You were wrong last xmas and you're wrong now. I'll give you 5/1 for relegation. Put up or shut up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here