NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Football. Don't you just love it?

Me neither

:lolol:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
We did not play like a team that have given up or one that is sure to go down. Nothing is certain but I was encouraged by the performance, even the commentary team said we were a bit unfortunate. When you are down luck is hard to come by.

You're right in that respect. After the first 20 minutes the team showed fight.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes our terrible run is down to bad finishing :lolol: some people on here are looking at Hughton’s past achievements with us rather than the current reality. If he stays we’ll be down next season as it’s unlikely the league will be as poor as this year

And un-Hughton like, we can’t defend. Even Fulham and Burnley enjoyed rare hatfuls.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Surprised at some of the posts on here. I'm worried but that was a better performance. Need to maintain that for sat.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
If Murray did his job tonight we wouldn't even be having this conversation - both those misses were shocking, inexplicable. Some very decent approach play and long, long periods in control, but once again, our appalling finishing in CRUCIAL moments of the game has let another team off the hook. The Duffy header as well. Knocky could have done better too. Leicester well and truly got away with it, and now we are well and truly in the shit. There's nothing Hughton could've done about our basic ineptitude in front of goal, and thats whats cost us again tonight.

He could have realised Murray's not all that and asked his boss to get him a decent proper striker in January. No, we bought a couple of kids and handed them back.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Well, that was rather inevitable.

Lest we forget we were abysmal in the first quarter of the game. We knew they’d fly at us, yet opted for a ponderous selection with only the pace of knocky to counter any pressure. Selection and overall tactics wanting again. Bissouma had to start tonight, had to. Bong is (I say again) not a good PL player. Stephens has utterly lost his pace... confidence too. These observations represent managerial failings. Chris needs to make some tough calls and work to save all he has built. It’s falling apart right now, we’re in deep shit.

Saturday is going to be a very tough match. I’m not confident at all.

We’re all at sea, floundering...
Sails asunder,
Captains log,
Distant thunder...

We’re taking in water,
We’re going under...

Rum soaked, captain.
Sails in shreds...

The crew’s a drownin’

Ship wrecked, thrifty,
Salty knave,

Washed ashore,
Sun baked, desolate,
Sandy grave.

Why did I read that with the Captain Pugwash theme tune in my head.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The commentators on my feed were really impressed with Brighton. We've obviously conceded 2. The first Knocky gave the ball away halfway, we were out of position, 1 pass and they were in. It was self inflicted. We took the game to them and Murray had to equalise start of the 2nd half, glorious chance created by a back heal from Gross (which actually injured himself in the process). We started to play more expansive football in search of the equaliser (you know the type of attacking football the ones moaning have been screaming for), and we concede on the break. A side in the mire would have collapsed then, we didn't, rallied, got a goal and had further chances to equalise. Yep, we conceded 2 and lost, but it wasn't a poor performance by any means.

Pretty much my take, but we were dire for the first fifteen minutes and we basically lost it there.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The commentators on my feed were really impressed with Brighton. We've obviously conceded 2. The first Knocky gave the ball away halfway, we were out of position, 1 pass and they were in. It was self inflicted. We took the game to them and Murray had to equalise start of the 2nd half, glorious chance created by a back heal from Gross (which actually injured himself in the process). We started to play more expansive football in search of the equaliser (you know the type of attacking football the ones moaning have been screaming for), and we concede on the break. A side in the mire would have collapsed then, we didn't, rallied, got a goal and had further chances to equalise. Yep, we conceded 2 and lost, but it wasn't a poor performance by any means.

Good post. I'm not going to start spraying piss all up the walls tonight over the manner of the performance, because we played bloody well for long periods and for a large part looked like the home side.

Its our woeful finishing that is absolutely killing us. Murray has cost us tonight - frankly I'd have been disappointed with a point off the back of that. To have come away with nothing though, just gutted beyond belief.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No just a realistic approach. Sleepwalking to relegation. Hughton doesn't know how to fight it. Nothing changes. No matter how many times we are "in" a game away from home we do not get any better.

We are relying on an old boy to get us out of trouble, but too often he disappears for a number of games. He's always been the same. Problem is we offer **** all else upfront with any consistency. Been saying for a season and half.

No one is sleep walking to relegation. I don't see any of the players not giving their absolute all in the games. This is football at the highest level, unforgiving and punishing. We can have our hissy fits, its the manager, the owner, the budget, the recruitment, but it's football. We're in a bad run of games. But like all runs they come to an end, and we pick ourselves up and look to Saturday. No point pissing our pants about it.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
There's nothing Hughton could've done about our basic ineptitude in front of goal, and thats whats cost us again tonight.

He can't do much about ineptitude, I agree but it does beg the question "What the feck do they do at Lancing every day"? We look a poorly coached side. That might be down to Hughton or the team he has surrounded himself with. Or both.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here