Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] RIP Mark Hollis

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Gutted. Will have to listen to Spirit of Eden in tribute during this night shift. Let me get that speaker...

RIP

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
RIP , loved Talk Talk , excellent band .

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
See iPad & YouTube playing up again. Can only see the you tube Warner posted, can’t see anythig from HWT and the others..WTF :tantrum:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Spirit of Eden is one of my top three albums of the 1980's. Only 64, shocked to hear the news.

Yeah, played it all the way through on my flight the other week. Nice to have the time to listen properly. RIP Mark.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I am so sad to hear about this. Talk Talk's development from just another synth band was unique in my opinion. So many songs, so many memories. I Believe In You was a personal favourite - a song about his brother's battle with drug addiction.

Hollis' decision to retreat from the business was always one to respect. I only hope that he enjoyed the peace of the last 20 years.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Colour of spring and spirit of Eden were both genius albums, RIP.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Only last autumn, I bought as a 2 CD's for £10 offer in HMV, The Very Best of Talk Talk. My older brother used to have The Party's Over on LP when I was a kid in the 80's. This is one of my favourite songs of it. This didn't even make the top 20 when released as a single.

RIP.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Also once again NSC is the font of all knowledge. I heard this first on here. It has to be the greatest website in the world!!!

For obituaries. Most definitely. . And there have been a couple catalipsies over the years though

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
The Colour of Spring is one of the greatest albums of all time imho. Love Spirit of Eden too, both are hauntingly beautiful works. The Colour of Spring will always hold a particularly fond place in my heart as being a big part of the soundtrack to a week's fieldwork in the Malham area, wonderful times. However, it's an album that has also survived the test of time remarkably well. Hollis was a self-taught innovator and an inspiration to me. Listening to April 5th now with a tear in my eye.

Last edited:

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
When you get to your mid 50s (as i have) you kind of expect your musical heroes from your teenage years and 20s to start shuffling off this mortal coil. Lost quite a few of late -Prince, Bowie, Cohen to name a few but christ this one has hit me hard. I love Talk Talk - Hollis was a genius. Massively influential and massively underrated. RIP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here