Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] County Ground development

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Plenty of parking spaces at Portslade and Shoreham stations. One short train journey away from the ground. Not ideal, but how many sporting venues in built-up areas have outstanding transport links?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
That’s my neck of the woods, I spent 25 years just yards away.

At non-4 day games, huge numbers of cricket fans drive in. Parking in pay bays in the many streets in central Hove and for free in the evenings just north of OSR eg Rigden, Hove Rec. A lot of people don’t mind being restricted to 2 pints I assume.

Are you saying some will drink two pints and then consider themselves still safe to drive?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Been given the green light by B&H CC

Plans to enhance and invest in The 1st Central County Ground - Sussex Cricket’s home in Hove - were today given approval by Brighton & Hove City Council’s planning committee.

“The County Ground has been based in Hove for nearly 150 years and we are thrilled that this allows us to secure our future here and to continue to deliver our wide-reaching community programmes across Sussex,” said Sussex Cricket chief executive, Rob Andrew.

“We want to thank our club members, neighbours, local businesses, amenity and conservation groups as well as the South East Design Panel and council officers for their important input on our plans.”

Sussex Cricket commissioned award-winning local firm ECE Architecture to create the plans, which are estimated to attract £20 million capital investment and create 153 jobs.

https://sussexcricket.co.uk/news/green-light-plans-secure-county-grounds-future-hove

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here