Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Atmosphere for the run in - starting with Huddersfield Saturday

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I get the tongue in cheek nature of this response but I really do fear us sleep walking into relegation and a poisonous home atmosphere a la Burnley could be contagious if we don’t nip it in the bud.

Blimey, I don't remember it being poisonous. I think we were furious at the penalty decisions both given and not given, however even though it was massively disappointing, I really couldn't describe it as being poisonous. :shrug:

What I would say is that if you do a league table from Dec 28th till now, Burnley are 3rd only scoring 1 point less than MU and 3 points less than City. They've scored 3 more points than Spurs. 4 more points than Liverpool over the last 8 games.

They are without a shadow of a doubt the inform side outside of the Manchester clubs. Perspective for any fan that did turn on the team.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The atmosphere will be crap - too much nervous tension - unless we at least create several chances and score. Gawd help us if Hudds score first.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
ip_primary_image1.png Crank them up BARBER..:clap:

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Blimey, I don't remember it being poisonous. I think we were furious at the penalty decisions both given and not given, however even though it was massively disappointing, I really couldn't describe it as being poisonous. :shrug:

Probably depends on where you sit. I’m WSU block D and there were 3 separate spats from anti/pro CH brigade and some general slagging off of the team or subs. Got quite heated.

What bothered me more was the apathy of so many people, half of us trying to rouse people into displaying some emotion and they basically sat there on their hands! So frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Probably depends on where you sit. I’m WSU block D and there were 3 separate spats from anti/pro CH brigade and some general slagging off of the team or subs. Got quite heated.

What bothered me more was the apathy of so many people, half of us trying to rouse people into displaying some emotion and they basically sat there on their hands! So frustrating.

I'm E1B next to the North stand. Didn't seem as bad as you're describing. I've always thought it was a funny lot that sit in the West Upper. :bigwave:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Time for bog roll and balloons.

What exactly are we allowed to take to the Amex. Genuinely concerned about waving a scarf these days let alone a flag with a stick attached to it. Wouldn’t we all be prosecuted for big rolls or confetti not to mention whether even be allowed to take in I.e. wouldn’t such items be confiscated? It’s a bit annoying given Dortmund fans were allowed to recreate their yellow wall, poles and all, last week at Wembley yet our rules prohibit such items so we’ve no chance of ‘doing a Dortmund’ or even a Dagenham!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

What I would say is that if you do a league table from Dec 28th till now, Burnley are 3rd only scoring 1 point less than MU and 3 points less than City. They've scored 3 more points than Spurs. 4 more points than Liverpool over the last 8 games.

They are without a shadow of a doubt the inform side outside of the Manchester clubs. Perspective for any fan that did turn on the team.

Yep. I feel they have misinterpreted anger at the ref with anger towards the players.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I'm E1B next to the North stand. Didn't seem as bad as you're describing. I've always thought it was a funny lot that sit in the West Upper. :bigwave:

Oh yeah we've all got six fingers and toes and our mothers are also our uncle's sisters etc.

Yep. I feel they have misinterpreted anger at the ref with anger towards the players.

Yes there was of course lots of that going on but like I said three separate incidents of fans calling each other out for conflicting opinions.

I agree, real anger with the officials, when I’ve sat in WSU and NS. But I’ve definitely heard loads of annoyance and more against Locadia in recent PL home matches ... when his decision making or execution is shite.

I've heard lots of increased frustration against various people not just Locadia and it needs to stop. Im guilty of getting frustrated like anyone but I also know when to just try and stay positive and vocally so as well.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Oh yeah we've all got six fingers and toes and our mothers are also our uncle's sisters etc.

Yes there was of course lots of that going on but like I said three separate incidents of fans calling each other out for conflicting opinions.

I've heard lots of increased frustration against various people not just Locadia and it needs to stop. Im guilty of getting frustrated like anyone but I also know when to just try and stay positive and vocally so as well.

Hear hear. When has it ever helped a team to get on any of their player's backs? Yeah, never. :albion2:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have pockets of passionate fans around the stadium but with so many old and middle class fans attending to their children’s hot dog needs, it’s never going to be a cauldron of noise. Especially if we go a goal down and the moaners take over.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I agree, real anger with the officials, when I’ve sat in WSU and NS. But I’ve definitely heard loads of annoyance and more against Locadia in recent PL home matches ... when his decision making or execution is shite.

This is the rub. Locadia is just a bit shite. People naturally get frustrated with too many poor performances after a while.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here