• No - at least one other side can be pulled into it

Votes: 77 60.6%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is it down to just Southampton, Cardiff and us for the dreaded third relegation spot now?

Screenshot 2019-02-24 at 23.57.44.png

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
YEP, I believe it is, the next two games will indicate which way this is going to go for us.

I want to see a reaction from most of the underperforming players (they're not all underperforming, it's just that too many of them are).

If I see some of the usual suspects trying to walk/canter through those two games then I can see us struggling, If they start to perform then maybe we might just get ourselves out of this situation.

Would also be nice to see some of the more 'part-time' fans, especially at home games, trying their best to rouse the players too, the fans are not known as the twelfth man for nothing. It does the players no good at all to see the stadium start to empty on 80+ minutes, especially when the last minutes could be crucial to us going for and getting a goal.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Burnley and Palace have done really well recently. Its also possible that they may go back to the form that put them in trouble earlier in the season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No.

It's a brave person who looks at the table and declares Newcastle 100% safe.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
Massively depends on Tuesday. Snap the league form and win and we drag Newcastle, Burnley back into it. Fail to get 3 points and we're in trouble with our form - Burnley on a good run, Newcastle have a good striker now, so both would be tough to catch if we fall any further behind.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Of course other teams can drop into a relegation battle (just like we have).

Is it just me that finds the whole media driven absolutes discussion a bit daft. All season we have had 'Can Liverpool win the League?' 'Are Spurs in the titile race?" etc etc.

Before a ball was kicked the so called experts (Sutton) were saying that Cardiff were down. City are going to win by a canter etc etc

Surely the reason we like football is that it is unpredictable? Is this the media buying into the big six's vision of football being about the trophies being shared around them to the exclusion of all others.

And anyone that dares suggest that they prefer the Championship because it is a more even competition must be ridiculed and laughed at.

I love football and enjoy the Premier League but without the greed and money of the big six (make that the european mega clubs) it could be so much better.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Of course other teams can drop into a relegation battle (just like we have).

Is it just me that finds the whole media driven absolutes discussion a bit daft. All season we have had 'Can Liverpool win the League?' 'Are Spurs in the titile race?" etc etc.

Before a ball was kicked the so called experts (Sutton) were saying that Cardiff were down. City are going to win by a canter etc etc

Surely the reason we like football is that it is unpredictable? Is this the media buying into the big six's vision of football being about the trophies being shared around them to the exclusion of all others.

And anyone that dares suggest that they prefer the Championship because it is a more even competition must be ridiculed and laughed at.

I love football and enjoy the Premier League but without the greed and money of the big six (make that the european mega clubs) it could be so much better.

Less sense and more bandwagoning if you please

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
If we can hold our form in the five critical home games ( Hudd/Saints/Cardiff/Toon/Bmuff )...feel we need to win 3 of these....we will be alright. Ideally beat Cardiff and Saints. Could also do with a couple of away points ( somewhere! ) Gut feeling tells me that its between Saints and Cardiff.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Southampton will rally like last year when they play Bmuff and co at home.
Talking of that,I know a lot of bmuff fans wernt happy that they lost there at the end of last season to give saints a chance, looks like it could be a repeat this time.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ask me after the 'teams that can catch us thread' appears.

Sadly the bluebells would have been and gone by then.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
No one with 30 points is out of it.

We need to go back to 4-4-1-1 and strangle a few results. Our poor form is directly related to the formation we are currently adopting.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Plenty can change over these last three months.
Wouldn't surprise me to see a couple more in danger.
Get two or three wins from our home games and we'll be fine ��

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here