Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Barcelona off the beaten track....

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Any football rumours ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not a restaurant but well worth having a drink at El Corte Ingles in the main one on the top floor - amazing view

Also try the Olympic Museum at Mount Junc absolutely brilliant

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Is Moog still there? Best little techno club I've ever been to. If it is then go there (if you like techno obvs).

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Thanks you ladies/gents. Some great suggestions there. Meeting my brother there, who is flying in from San Francisco. Plus our Misses. Really looking to get beyond the tourist scene. Thank you again for spending a few moments helping out.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Google says Moog is still going. Honestly one of the best nights I've ever had culminated there.

Me and the then girlfriend were wandering about, eating and drinking and got collared by a hawker bird selling tickets for a "pub crawl". €15 each.

We got rid and went for a drink but took a flyer.

Using the Rough Guide that we had (and Mixmag) we'd worked out a couple of clubs that we wanted to go to. The best looking one was Moog and the flyer said we got a BBQ on a roof terrace, free drinks there, entry to four bars (inc a drink in each) and then free entry to Moog.

So we went back, found the girl and bought two tickets. Expecting to be ripped off. We weren't. Best bargain ever.

Best thing was, we started out with about 30 people on the pub crawl (mostly American) and by the time we got to the club there were 6 of us.

The other 4 bailed out after one of them (American girl) threw up on the dancefloor. We stayed til about 6 and had a fantastic night.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Brilliant!
Also I just checked the website for Vaso de Oro. Thanks HT.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Brilliant!
Also I just checked the website for Vaso de Oro. Thanks HT.

A pleasure. Just to be clear it’s a small, long, loud and busy bar. Atmosphere, beer and food is excellent and it’s great fun; staff are characters as well. Just wanted to say this so you don’t rock up expecting a quiet romantic meal. If it’s full squeeze in and wait....they’ll find you somewhere eventually.

This is a cracking slightly upmarket wine bar http://www.cancisa.cat

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Can Paisano, Carrer de la Reina Cristina.
Cava wholesalers and tapas bar.
Definitely one to go back to.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Recasens in pobleneu.

cured meats, cheeses....

You will need to book, but I can assure you that you won't be disappointed.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Can Cisa looks great as we are all staying at Catedral...

I’ve not been to Can Cisa, it’s the Bar Brutal bit of their business which I am recommending.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Slightly randomly if you

1) Visit the cathedral
2) Like cooking Mexican food

There is a brilliant Mexican grocer round the corner. I bought bags and bags of dried smoked peppers (not chillies). You can get them in supermarkets over here but they charge through the roof.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here