Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What wankers.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Looking forward to tomorrow as the ‘service’ is reinstated after 10 days of ‘improvement’ works with no compensation - what could possibly go wrong?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Looking forward to tomorrow as the ‘service’ is reinstated after 10 days of ‘improvement’ works with no compensation - what could possibly go wrong?

I heard the buses are back for the Hudds game?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
FFS. How much longer does this go on for?

Probably till exactly the end of the season :rolleyes:

However, I also expect that by the middle of June there will need to be some extremely important plant pruning that will cause the odd weekend shutdown and if the work they've undoubtedly screwed up over the last nine days is touched up a bit, so much the better.

In July the whole line will be closed due to Chris Grayling needing to personally sign off a small ticket barrier replacement at Burgess Hill and then the service will be restored until approximately the middle of August, whereupon it will shut down on every other weekend (when Brighton are at home) with the notable exception of October half term, when the whole shebang will once again be closed without compensation, because they can.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Seem to have found a new way to try remove people from the station. Suspect a couple of people will be looking for new jobs tomorrow.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/25528333154/permalink/10156435173163155?sfns=mo

So I have a question. When I go to open my shop in Brighton I find a homeless person camped in front most mornings. They stink, leave an absolute mess, use shop entrances as toilets, refuse to move and swear at me because I've a business to run.
What would you do? And if you say 'ask them to leave nicely' what would you do on day 2 or 3 or 4 or a week later when once again you have to wash down the shop front.
Well?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So I have a question. When I go to open my shop in Brighton I find a homeless person camped in front most mornings. They stink, leave an absolute mess, use shop entrances as toilets, refuse to move and swear at me because I've a business to run.
What would you do? And if you say 'ask them to leave nicely' what would you do on day 2 or 3 or 4 or a week later when once again you have to wash down the shop front.
Well?

The correct answer isn't "hit them with a mop and throw water on them" is it?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thank **** I no longer commute

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton

Not straight away it isn't. That comes in after 5 minutes because I have to wash down the shop front after them.
Honestly, imagine opening your front door EVERY day and seeing a homeless person drunk, sick, urinating or worse on your steps.
How long before you get a bucket of water?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Fair enough if they won't move. Employees were just doing their jobs, which includes clearing the premises of people who have no business being there. You got a better answer? Buy him a sleeping bag and a tent and give him a spare key to the staff toilets?

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Probably till exactly the end of the season :rolleyes:

However, I also expect that by the middle of June there will need to be some extremely important plant pruning that will cause the odd weekend shutdown and if the work they've undoubtedly screwed up over the last nine days is touched up a bit, so much the better.

In July the whole line will be closed due to Chris Grayling needing to personally sign off a small ticket barrier replacement at Burgess Hill and then the service will be restored until approximately the middle of August, whereupon it will shut down on every other weekend (when Brighton are at home) with the notable exception of October half term, when the whole shebang will once again be closed without compensation, because they can.

They do the works this time of year to cause the least obstructions so that their staff are free to strike during the busy period and cause the most obstruction possible.

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon

Sadly, it looks like our games against Huddersfield on 2nd March AND Southampton on 30 March are both affected!

https://www.southernrailway.com/tra...k?date=2019-03-02#engineering-departure-board

https://www.southernrailway.com/tra...k?date=2019-03-30#engineering-departure-board

Southern are "awaiting details" of how subsequent weekends may be affected (13 Apr Bournemouth, 27th April Newcastle and 12 May Man City). What's the odds that 1 or more of those will be screwed too?

:rant:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sadly, it looks like our games against Huddersfield on 2nd March AND Southampton on 30 March are both affected!

https://www.southernrailway.com/tra...k?date=2019-03-02#engineering-departure-board

https://www.southernrailway.com/tra...k?date=2019-03-30#engineering-departure-board

Southern are "awaiting details" of how subsequent weekends may be affected (13 Apr Bournemouth, 27th April Newcastle and 12 May Man City). What's the odds that 1 or more of those will be screwed too?

:rant:

https://brightonmainline.co.uk/mark-the-dates-in-your-diary/

501161_NR_BrightonML_Map_573x432.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here