Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chelsea keeper refuses to be subbed what do you do as the manager?

Go all out Fergie or put an arm round his shoulder?

• Transfer him

Votes: 95 47.7%
  • Keep faith in the young man

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Put him on the bench

Votes: 99 49.7%

• Total voters

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No option for fine him and hope it all blows over?

I mean - that's not what I would do, and that was the question - but I bet it's what ends up happening.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Never select him again....let him rot in the reserves.

Chelsea have a history with this. Winston Bogarde.

My guess, though, is Sarri will be sacked for losing control of his players. I was watching the big fat director of football bloke during the debacle. He was livid and he and Sazza didn't make eye contact.

Chelsea....without the current owner it could be quite an amusing catastrophe . . . . coming to the Fulham road soon? ??? :lolol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

My guess, though, is Sarri will be sacked for losing control of his players. I was watching the big fat director of football bloke during the debacle. He was livid and he and Sazza didn't make eye contact.

Chelsea....without the current owner it could be quite an amusing catastrophe . . . . coming to the Fulham road soon? ??? :lolol:

The reaction of the Chelsea bench was telling, all smirking.

He’s gone.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Mind you, Sarri is a gold plated dildo of the highest order. Why put a chain smoking scruff bag ranter in charge of a pro football club?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This.

Complete disrespect - how many of us in our jobs would get away with defying our managers to such a degree?

None of us.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Mind you, Sarri is a gold plated dildo of the highest order. Why put a chain smoking scruff bag ranter in charge of a pro football club?

I think Chelsea had tried almost every continental manager at least once before, Sarri was in as it was his turn.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ran out of options ?

Listening to John Terry on the telly was amusing. Talking about Vinny Kompany: "You don't let a player of that stature leave the club. You keep him there, even if he isn't playing, to inspire the younger players and indoctrinate them about what it is to play for the club". Obviously I paraphrase. The end of the sentence, unsaid, would have been "in contrast to the way Chelsea treated me when my on-field talents became surplus to trophy chasing requiremenrs. The *****." :lolol:

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I remember reading the story of Winston Bogarde, signed on a good salary but something went wrong and he was told he would never play again for the club and that he had best accept a transfer. Trouble was, no one was willing to pay the wage he was getting at Chelsea so he turned down every offer. However, he turned up EVERY day for training, on time, did not put a foot wrong and even trained on his own it seems so Chelsea could not sack him for breach of contract... ended up leaving at the end of his contract a rich man !.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here