Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chelsea keeper refuses to be subbed what do you do as the manager?

Go all out Fergie or put an arm round his shoulder?

• Transfer him

Votes: 95 47.7%
  • Keep faith in the young man

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Put him on the bench

Votes: 99 49.7%

• Total voters

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Undermines the manger in front of a full stadium and god knows how many on TV; what do you do with a player like that?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Because it's Chelsea, probably offer him a raise.
Back in the real world, he should be fined heavily or contract nulled. IMO

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Straight into the chairman’s office - him or me guv, you decide (and if it’s me, it’ll be a full payoff). Simple.
This.

Complete disrespect - how many of us in our jobs would get away with defying our managers to such a degree?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I've lost a bit more mojo in regards to modern football over that tonight - that was an English football showpiece final - then that happened with the substitution.

Pathetic. Just pathetic.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Never select him again....let him rot in the reserves.

This for sure otherwise other players will do it........then it’ll be copied by kids, or even worse their dads on sunday morning - “my Ricky isn’t coming off”

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
Not sure of the rules but if a manager makes the substitution then the player has to come off ? In my opinion the ref should have shown him a card for ungentlemanly conduct. The manager should have chinned the pr*t

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Given he publicly humiliated his manager I would do the Southampton managers suggestion and fine him a months wages and have him working full time serving people in the club shop

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Player sacked, and if that wasn't possible, banished to the youth team training and nowhere near the first team ever again, until it was possible to transfer out.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Any other time and that would have been his last game for Chelsea, unfortunately they’ve just been handed a transfer ban.
I’d let him rot in the reserves (out of principal) whilst I still had a job there and wait for inevitable sacking and pay off.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here