Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chelsea keeper refuses to be subbed what do you do as the manager?

Go all out Fergie or put an arm round his shoulder?

• Transfer him

Votes: 95 47.7%
  • Keep faith in the young man

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Put him on the bench

Votes: 99 49.7%

• Total voters

Jakeg

Feb 7, 2016
Slightly off topic but betfair are offering odds of 3.75 for kepa not to start Chelsea’s next game, got to be worth a few quid?

Jul 7, 2003
Player power runs that club, more than any other around. It's been that way since Mourinho left the first time. Can't stand the entitlement within that club... glad they lost

Was about to post something similar. In most clubs, if a player did something like that, the Captain and other senior players would have been in there to speak to the player and get him off the pitch. Apart from Luis, not a single Chelsea player seemed to care about what was happening.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I've lost a bit more mojo in regards to modern football over that tonight - that was an English football showpiece final - then that happened with the substitution.

Pathetic. Just pathetic.

I thought the same. I've pretty much stopped watching motd, and watch far fewer live games nowadays. All the Sky/BT hyperbole, the wages, transfer fees and subsequent power (not to mention egos) the players have is killing the romance of the game. All the while grass roots football is dying (see 'Ferring FC...' thread).

As you said, tonight was pathetic

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Not easy to 'sack' an asset which cost £71m...

This is what I keep thinking.

Imagine being the person to cross that amount off the asset sheet?

They are clearly keeping him and spinning the whole affair as a misunderstanding.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Was about to post something similar. In most clubs, if a player did something like that, the Captain and other senior players would have been in there to speak to the player and get him off the pitch. Apart from Luis, not a single Chelsea player seemed to care about what was happening.

Good point. One minute he’s rolling around in apparent agony, next he’s fighting fit.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
So you’d be quite happy if your boss rigged up cameras and microphones at your place of work and recorded, publicised and then analysed everything you said during your working day? Assuming you’re not involved in Brexit negotiations, obviously.

Considering I work from home that wont happen ........but does anyone at work walk around covering their mouth when talking to mates/colleagues?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Considering I work from home that wont happen ........but does anyone at work walk around covering their mouth when talking to mates/colleagues?

Not that many, I’d guess. But I’d bet any money you like that a lot more would if they were being recorded and video’d!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Interesting to see where is goes from from here.

Sarri = Surely his post match comments were the starting point on negotiations for his payout. He'll be gone in the next few days
Kepa = With Sarri saying in was a misunderstanding, it means that it's harder to discipline him. But Chelsea know this is disastrous PR for them and will surely feel the need to make some sort of public point. An internal 5 game ban most likely.
Chelsea = In the cold light of day, they know they can't replace Kepa and that Caballero is a weak understudy.
The rest of the Chelsea Squad = They will get their wish of a new manager. They also know that with the transfer ban in place, they have no need to listen to any instruction they don't want to
Hazard = Must now know that it's time for him to make sure that summer transfer happens.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
1. In the real world would be sacked for gross misconduct.

2. In the world of football Chelsea with the gun already cocked can now fire the manager with the argument that he has lost the dressing room. In reality players have too much power and as previous posts have stated its not easy to sack a £70m asset.

Arvin

Jul 24, 2018
Washington DC
Chelsea improving? They’ve beaten Malmo over two legs. Fishergate Flyers U13 could have done that.

Caballerro could not catch a cold. He has been stealing a living as a Premier League #2 for years. Did you see him at the WC for Argentina? A shambles of a goal keeper, he makes Graeme Smith look like DeGea.

They just held manchester city for 120 minutes, with hardly any chances created. Yeah i'd say thats an improvement from 6-0. They looked very very solid defensively today. Time to take your goggles off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ValSpCITLjY
What does his world cup performance have to do with his knack for saving penalties? He wasn't brought on to keep for 90 minutes he was brought on to save penalties like these ones.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here