Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chelsea keeper refuses to be subbed what do you do as the manager?

Go all out Fergie or put an arm round his shoulder?

• Transfer him

Votes: 95 47.7%
  • Keep faith in the young man

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Put him on the bench

Votes: 99 49.7%

• Total voters

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If Sarri is sacked, what top manager would go to Chelsea knowing that a) players have more authority than the manager and b) there's no possibility of buying any more players?

Yes, they'd get the usual merry-go-round of managers applying but a club with the ambition of Chelsea should be aiming high

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If Sarri is sacked, what top manager would go to Chelsea knowing that a) players have more authority than the manager and b) there's no possibility of buying any more players?

Yes, they'd get the usual merry-go-round of managers applying but a club with the ambition of Chelsea should be aiming high

Someone prepared to take £10m+ plus for about a season and a half before getting sacked..........

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
They just held manchester city for 120 minutes, with hardly any chances created. Yeah i'd say thats an improvement from 6-0. They looked very very solid defensively today. Time to take your goggles off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ValSpCITLjY
What does his world cup performance have to do with his knack for saving penalties? He wasn't brought on to keep for 90 minutes he was brought on to save penalties like these ones.

Time to take my goggles off. You’re the one on a Brighton message board being a Chelsea apologist. Cup finals are notoriously tight affairs. Sarri has proved himself to be tactically stubborn in the past two months and has lost the dressing room. The players run the club. Joke of a club, joke of a coach and egocentric players. I am quite happy to watch it implode.

Arvin

Jul 24, 2018
Washington DC
Time to take my goggles off. You’re the one on a Brighton message board being a Chelsea apologist. Cup finals are notoriously tight affairs. Sarri has proved himself to be tactically stubborn in the past two months and has lost the dressing room. The players run the club. Joke of a club, joke of a coach and egocentric players. I am quite happy to watch it implode.

How am I being a Chelsea apologist? All I said was that their gameplay improved, which apparently now equates to 'being an apologist'? Right, sorry, let me go on blabbering about a different fictitious game I watched today. Aside from that I was just trying to comprehend why Sarri said what he did in the post-match interview. I don't give the slightest care about what happens to chelsea, and agree that their atmosphere is toxic so don't put words in my mouth.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
This is more than just about Chelsea. If kepa isn’t punished it will set a precedent that players can basically refused to be subbed. Let’s face it there are a number of prize pricks who would just ignore their manager. Very unprofessional.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

And an absentee owner seems to have got bored with his toy.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Someone prepared to take £10m+ plus for about a season and a half before getting sacked..........

Yes, as I said, there'd be lots of people wanting a fat salary (and big pay-off) but can you imagine the likes of Guardiola or Klopp or Zidane or Simeone or Tuchel .... or anyone of that calibre going there under those circumstances?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes, as I said, there'd be lots of people wanting a fat salary (and big pay-off) but can you imagine the likes of Guardiola or Klopp or Zidane or Simeone or Tuchel .... or anyone of that calibre going there under those circumstances?

Nope.....although there are lot of mercenaries around. Personally think it’s Lampard’s job - no pressure for a while as he won’t be able to strengthen, loved by the fans.....

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Surely the referee should have forced Kepa to leave the pitch after the decision to substitute him had been made? Refusing the ref's order would then have meant a red card.

Nope, Law 3 is quite clear, if a player to be subbed refuses to leave, play continues. The referee cannot force a player to leave unless other laws are being applied.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Show your working please.

3.75 is 2.75/1 = 5.50/2 = 11/4, as I said above.

I know I am wrong because I dont understand it but how is 3.75 = 2.75/1 is it because it includes the return bet? Edit optimist has confirmed that sorry for the confusion. No surprise that its just making the odds sound better than they really are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here