Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by symyjym View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ah and the little troll turned up to stick its oar in again. Point proven again. I am being stalked.
    You're being engaged with on a public forum. Jiminny Cricket! You really do like to play the hard done by victim, don't you? Calling everyone who disagrees with you a troll butters no parsnips round here, laddy. Grow a spine.
    I'm off for afternoon tea. I suggest you take a time out too.

TBTC
    Love Great Britain
    Love the EU
    Love Inclusion and Progression.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

2 Not allowed!
      Don't flatter yourself, there is no self pity. I only use NSC these days to play spot the **** anyway. It's either that or the next Hughton Out thread on NSC these days.
      I donít clash with you on NSC and am certainly no Corbynista etc.

Just an opinion you can ignore if you want, but why donít you take a step back, have a cup of tea or a break and come back more relaxed. Itís really not that important. Look at this another way, the people youíre clashing with arenít influencing anyone here with their politics, neither are you, so canít lose out by always having the last say.

I say to my teenage kids that the moment they get wound up about politics, go and do something happy.

NSCíers btw has a wide range of political views, but many canít be arsed to talk about it all day long.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      I don’t clash with you on NSC and am certainly no Corbynista etc.

Just an opinion you can ignore if you want, but why don’t you take a step back, have a cup of tea or a break and come back more relaxed. It’s really not that important. Look at this another way, the people you’re clashing with aren’t influencing anyone here with their politics, neither are you, so can’t lose out by always having the last say.

I say to my teenage kids that the moment they get wound up about politics, go and do something happy.

NSC’ers btw has a wide range of political views, but many can’t be arsed to talk about it all day long.
      I agree, I'm just playing cat and string with my stalking trolls. All I have to do is give an honest opinion and the repeat offenders come out to play, on cue, and like rats to the cheese. Like my little friend in the previous comment.

I don't take any of it seriously though.

1 Not allowed!
      I agree, I'm just playing cat and string with my stalking trolls. All I have to do is give an honest opinion and the repeat offenders come out to play, on cue, and like rats to the cheese. Like my little friend in the previous comment.

I don't take any of it seriously though.
      I hope so. It really isn’t worth it.
      Still Got. A Vote wellquickwoody's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hart's shirt View Post
      Politely, I have to disagree.

There was speculation on this thread that the OP was prevented from posting as he called someone else a 'prick'.

And yet on another thread (the 'Shit Day' one), there were a number of insults flying around from long-established posters.

No action was taken on it. And if that's a reason, just like the worst referees, there appears to be little if any consistency.

Either way, it's unclear why he was prevented from posting as the lines of what's acceptable and unacceptable aren't clearly drawn on the pitch.

For the record, I wouldn't have taken any action of any of the above. But the fact that it was cited as a possible reason is enough to question.

Without clarity and transparency, accusations of bias and arbitrary decisions being made under the blanket of anonymity will continue.

And the effective silencing of discussion by moving the thread to 'The Other Stuff' won't stop it either.

It wouldn't even be that difficult to implement:

Moderator:
      Reason:

In short, if a mod makes a conscious decision to stop someone from posting, they should be willing to publicly give a reason why.

We owe it to all members to make this as good as a board as it can be through user-generated improvements.

Improving transparency can only be a good thing.
      Have to agree. I was once reported for calling someone a knob, and barred from the thread. The person reporting is to this day throwing worse insults at others with impunity.

I post far less now, funny that. Threads like 'Jamie' made this place interesting, and the risk of litigation is no higher than then, just the fear of it has increased.
      Simon Jordan, "Palace could be the Manchester United of the South" - That is why I love having the gypsies as our rivals
      Panic! At The Amex Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      I was a knob, and I got kicked off the thread. What is there to discuss?
      I trust you have reported yourself to the Mods for calling yourself a knob?

@Herr Tubthumper AUS!
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by wellquickwoody View Post
      Have to agree. I was once reported for calling someone a knob, and barred from the thread. The person reporting is to this day throwing worse insults at others with impunity.

I post far less now, funny that. Threads like 'Jamie' made this place interesting, and the risk of litigation is no higher than then, just the fear of it has increased.
      You post far less because you're in Melbourne. I posted very rarely when I lived in Sydney. I was in the wrong timezone for many of the debates, wasn't at games and my view on British politics counted for diddly squat
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.

0 Not allowed!
      I should remind you that my behaviour on here has been of a very high standard.

Below is a list of my total infractions in 10 years. Although my 3 month ban isn't listed for some reason and the mod who enforced this has remained a secret.

Attachment 105151

The reason why GB banned me for 3 days was not for calling someone a prick, nor for totting up infractions as he also claimed. I was banned because he felt irritated by me.

I rest my case your honour
      How does one see how many infractions one has 'earned'?
      The voice of hindsight.
      Bring back Chris Hughton.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by TSB View Post
      You don't have any.
      REMF Quiz Champion 2016

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by TSB View Post
      Click on My Profile and then infractions is the 4th menu tab from the left. The menu tab only appears if you have some and it looks like your behaviour has been impeccable.