Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Removed from thread

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Just let’s get one thing straight, I’m not your ‘buddy’

Children are not born racist, nor are they born believing in God, Communism, Fascism, or any other ism. It is all learnt behaviour. Ergo, all our behaviour apart from our natural instincts are taught, therefore you can turn an atheist into a religious person ( born again Christians, anyone?), a non - racist into a racist, and indeed, a racist into a non racist.

There are multiple examples of all of the above.

I don't recognise Trump as being racist. You clearly do. What has Trump said that makes him racist?

John Sweeney has just claimed that the working class in the UK are like Amazonian Cannibals. And he is on the so called Liberal Left. Is he a racist bigot and who is he really insulting?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
NSC would be much improved in terms of transparency if the specific Moderator who makes a decision to stop a contributor from posting on a thread is named.

This way, any accusations of certain bias against certain posters, political viewpoints, etc. can be considered objectively as well as any patterns.

The current anonymity doesn't help situations like the current as it merely encourages speculation and division on the board.

There really isn’t any need as it’s obvious why people get kicked off threads. Each and every time I have been banned I know exactly why and I’m pretty sure most, if not all, other posters do as well....even if they play dumb.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
John Sweeney has just claimed that the working class in the UK are like Amazonian Cannibals. And he is on the so called Liberal Left. Is he a racist bigot?

If that’s all he said, then clearly not.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Why was I removed from the Staged homophobic/racist attack thread?

Can any NSC reader see anything that I have said that deserves my removal, and explain why?

This is a joke.

does this keep happening to you?

you did call me gay once, was that a joke?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What's definitely not OK is getting removed from a thread and then starting up the same conversation again under the cover of "why was I banned".

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
NSC would be much improved in terms of transparency if the specific Moderator who makes a decision to stop a contributor from posting on a thread is named.

This way, any accusations of certain bias against certain posters, political viewpoints, etc. can be considered objectively as well as any patterns.

The current anonymity doesn't help situations like the current as it merely encourages speculation and division on the board.

I was in fact banned from NSC for 3 months and I didn't even appear in the moderating decisions which is the normal practice. Nor did I ever find out who banned me.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I don't recognise Trump as being racist. You clearly do. What has Trump said that makes him racist?

John Sweeney has just claimed that the working class in the UK are like Amazonian Cannibals. And he is on the so called Liberal Left. Is he a racist bigot and who is he really insulting?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/01/15/opinion/leonhardt-trump-racist.html

Mexican immigrants are criminals and rapists, Laziness is a trait in blacks. Haitian immigrants all have AIDS.

Just 3 of the highlights of this article, but please read it, there are many more.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
There really isn’t any need as it’s obvious why people get kicked off threads. Each and every time I have been banned I know exactly why and I’m pretty sure most, if not all, other posters do as well....even if they play dumb.

Politely, I have to disagree.

There was speculation on this thread that the OP was prevented from posting as he called someone else a 'prick'.

And yet on another thread (the 'Shit Day' one), there were a number of insults flying around from long-established posters.

No action was taken on it. And if that's a reason, just like the worst referees, there appears to be little if any consistency.

Either way, it's unclear why he was prevented from posting as the lines of what's acceptable and unacceptable aren't clearly drawn on the pitch.

For the record, I wouldn't have taken any action of any of the above. But the fact that it was cited as a possible reason is enough to question.

Without clarity and transparency, accusations of bias and arbitrary decisions being made under the blanket of anonymity will continue.

And the effective silencing of discussion by moving the thread to 'The Other Stuff' won't stop it either.

It wouldn't even be that difficult to implement:

Moderator:
Reason:

In short, if a mod makes a conscious decision to stop someone from posting, they should be willing to publicly give a reason why.

We owe it to all members to make this as good as a board as it can be through user-generated improvements.

Improving transparency can only be a good thing.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

There was speculation on this thread that the OP was prevented from posting as he called someone else a 'prick'.

And yet on another thread (the 'Shit Day' one), there were a number of insults flying around from long-established posters.

No action was taken on it. And if that's a reason, just like the worst referees, there appears to be little if any consistency.

Either way, it's unclear why he was prevented from posting as the lines of what's acceptable and unacceptable aren't clearly drawn on the pitch.

For the record, I wouldn't have taken any action of any of the above. But the fact that it was cited as a possible reason is enough to question.

Without clarity and transparency, accusations of bias and arbitrary decisions being made under the blanket of anonymity will continue.

And the effective silencing of discussion by moving the thread to 'The Other Stuff' won't stop it either.

Moderator:
Reason:

In short, if a mod makes a conscious decision to stop someone from posting, they should be willing to publicly give a reason why.

We owe it to all members to make this as good as a board as it can be through user-generated improvements.

Infractions are not publicised, and result in totting up bans. So identical posts could tip one poster into a ban, but not another poster.

The mod issues the infraction, the totting up ban is done by the NSC software.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Moderator:
Reason:

You'll find there is a reason in moderating decisions now. As for consistency, we need to be able to see an issue first. It simply isn't possible to moderate every post on every thread. So, if you think something is worthy of a moderator's attention, report it.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton

Completely agree. Would be nice to be told why, but then I suppose the Mod loses their anonymity and people will be able to work out if they have an agenda.

Just banning people from threads without any notice or reason is a bit pathetic really.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I’ve been kicked off the Brexit thread as well. So your theory it’s “lefty mods” doesn’t hold.

Well we will never know will we?

Not the sort of thing NSC mods like to discuss is it?

Even this thread has been kicked off the main board.

It would appears certain mods don't like their decisions either public or discussed.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
You'll find there is a reason in moderating decisions now. As for consistency, we need to be able to see an issue first. It simply isn't possible to moderate every post on every thread. So, if you think something is worthy of a moderator's attention, report it.

Firstly, many thanks for explaining the reason on the moderating section:

"This user has ended up banned under the totting up process. He was given the lowest possible infraction for starting a thread about being banned from another thread but this was enough for a short holiday.

He was banned from the original thread for calling someone a prick."

For what it's worth, I think we're getting into very dangerous, draconian territory when people are banned from threads for simple, schoolyard insults.

There's plenty of threads that contain insults and I for one wouldn't want to see longstanding contributors to NSC denied speech for comparatively minor remarks.

Furthermore, unless I've missed something (which is quite possible), there's also no explanation of the totting up process which has led to a 'short holiday'.

In football, one can clearly see disciplinary points accrued by individual players and the likely sanctions that will be enforced for future transgressions.

Perhaps this is something that could be considered?

As "it simply isn't possible to moderate every post on every thread", one might hope that any visible incentive for poster self-moderation would be a help to mods.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I would genuinely be interested to know, why this thread has been removed from the main page, yet the Brexit one which dominates it remains?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well we will never know will we?

Not the sort of thing NSC mods like to discuss is it?

Even this thread has been kicked off the main board.

It would appears certain mods don't like their decisions either public or discussed.

I was a knob, and I got kicked off the thread. What is there to discuss?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
There is an agenda from the mods.

We don't like people calling each other pricks and suchlike and have politely posted warnings to this issue in the past.

If you choose to ignore it you take a risk of being banned if the post is reported or seen.

If you don't like the agenda other message boards are available. No one forces you to post or read content here.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
There is an agenda from the mods.

We don't like people calling each other pricks and suchlike and have politely posted warnings to this issue in the past.

If you choose to ignore it you take a risk of being banned if the post is reported or seen.

If you don't like the agenda other message boards are available. No one forces you to post or read content here.
Which is probably why a lot decent posters don't bother any more.

But in my case, still doesn't explain why I got removed from a thread without any reason why.

I think i know why, and its because I posted this picture 48419554_10156557389685239_4302310405880938496_n.jpg a few times to all the whining lefties on there. It was the only answer their views deserved at the time. A few hours later I have been blocked from the thread without any warning and any further information.

In fact if I took your advice and didn't post or read threads, I would in time be logged out, and then I would be able to read the thread. A stranger can read it, but a member of the group can't.

But do you not think it looks a bit strange, when someone starts a thread like this, and within hours its moved of the main board, yet the Brexit thread continues to dominate the board, with hardly anything posted in it that doesn't fall under the category of bickering, and its left there. I think this forum needs a little more balance in its mods, or at the very least when a Mod goes around banning people, at least have the decency to inform them of the reasons.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
There is balance in the mods though, one is a card carrying member of the Conservative Party, another is an Islamaphobic misogynist. None are to my knowledge members of the Labour Party, SWP etc so accusations of a left wing bias (I'm a chartered accountant, Esther McVeigh is my consituency MP, I read the FT and The Times daily and The Economist weekly, drive a Ranger Rover and last voted Labour in 1983 so don't think I qualify as a member of Momentum) are invalid.

As for your posting rights being removed on the Brexit thread, no idea, if you'd posted that picture once you shouldn't have had posting rights removed IMO, I vaguely recall you posting it six or seven times and clogging up that thread, but honestly can't remember too much detail. The thread continues on the main board because it's a topic in the public domain, the fact that most people bicker on it is their concern, not mine, Brexit vote was 2016 so respect it and move on is my view. There's lots of posts on it and that keeps the money coming into NSC and funds our annual parties where the wine flows, the coke is snorted like it's going out of fashion and the high classs prostitutes on offer are very high class indeed.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here