Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Removed from thread

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The quote is nothing like what you claimed I had written :lolol: And you are a liar.

Nothing in my comment deserves my removal from the thread. Please tell me what part is so offensive or is it just an opinion that you don't share?

just read it, i dont think comments is the issue, a one word insult to another poster maybe crosses the line.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I often post views against NSC’s seemingly mainstream view on politics, and never have problems with Mods. So could it be when a person loses the plot and becomes aggressive or racist? If you avoid that, you can have good debates.

Aye spot on...they might struggle to see reason though

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
just read it, i dont think comments is the issue, a one word insult to another poster maybe crosses the line.

That may be the case. But someone has given a completely different reason to why I was removed. And that they believed my actual comment was offensive and deserved my removal fro the thread.

Which one is it?

If it's because I called someone a prick and it hurt their feelings that's fine. At least be honest about it.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The quote is nothing like what you claimed I had written :lolol :And you are a liar.

Nothing in my comment deserves my removal from the thread. Please tell me what part is so offensive or is it just an opinion that you don't share?

The second paragraph starts with the following sentence , and I quote “There is nothing that Trump has said, that could make people suddenly turn racist”.
I said “ Something about the not being Trumps fault some people are racist.”

The rest of my post was my honest personal opinion of Trumps racist charged rhetoric.

Where’s the lie??

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The second paragraph starts with the following sentence , and I quote “There is nothing that Trump has said, that could make people suddenly turn racist”.
I said “ Something about the not being Trumps fault some people are racist.”

The rest of my post was my honest personal opinion of Trumps racist charged rhetoric.

Where’s the lie??

If you are not racist. How can someone say something to turn you racist?

You are claiming that someones words can make a non racist mindset racist? That is your claim.

That is like saying the Church can make atheists religious.

Still no problem with what I said buddy.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

You are claiming that someones words can make a non racist mindset racist? That is your claim.

Just let’s get one thing straight, I’m not your ‘buddy’

Children are not born racist, nor are they born believing in God, Communism, Fascism, or any other ism. It is all learnt behaviour. Ergo, all our behaviour apart from our natural instincts are taught, therefore you can turn an atheist into a religious person ( born again Christians, anyone?), a non - racist into a racist, and indeed, a racist into a non racist.

There are multiple examples of all of the above.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The worst thing you can ever ask is why you have been removed. It gives all the other's and their sheep the chance to jump on you, best to just message a mod.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

People can change, be influenced, and the next gen can emerge as racist. I know lifelong Labour supporting folk who never mentioned race, but with the huge influx of immigrants over the last 20 years, changed to become racist to an extent. Did some members of the Labour Party always fixate over Jewry? Organisations such as England First have grown. Some politicians and internet shite-stirrers are having a field day on the left and right.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
NSC would be much improved in terms of transparency if the specific Moderator who makes a decision to stop a contributor from posting on a thread is named.

This way, any accusations of certain bias against certain posters, political viewpoints, etc. can be considered objectively as well as any patterns.

The current anonymity doesn't help situations like the current as it merely encourages speculation and division on the board.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've been kicked from the Brexit thread without being told why.

I think if the lefty mods like to ban anyone whose views are not in line with theirs.

Shame that's what NSC has become.

I’ve been kicked off the Brexit thread as well. So your theory it’s “lefty mods” doesn’t hold.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here