Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Three more wins

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Newcastle, Boro and Swansea all dropped despite not being in the worst 3 for GD.

Lack of wins was more often the stand out stat for relegated teams. That’s currently Stains, Fulham and Hudd. We desperately need CH to conjur up some home wins.

It's not foolproof I agree but it is an indicator of our position. Even Watford and Burnley disappointing though they were both look better when you see the respective clubs form. We could conceivably have beaten both of them with some luck in running.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's not foolproof I agree but it is an indicator of our position. Even Watford and Burnley disappointing though they were both look better when you see the respective clubs form. We could conceivably have beaten both of them with some luck in running.

Burnley played well and out three goals past us. The shocking no pen decision was the one bit of bad luck in that match.

Though I agee with you that we played well against Watford.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Its not 11 games, but In which case we'll fine as Cardiff have won twice in 12 and are apparently on a "good run".

That's not right.

Cardiff's last 12 Premier League games have given them four wins and two draws (and six losses) for 14 points.

Over the same spell we have won two, drawn three and lost seven for 9 points. I'd gladly take those 5 extra points to get us on par with Cardiff's run you clearly think isn't all that. We'd be above Palace and Burnley and level on points with Leicester.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Can you see any positives from Championship life? Based on our relatively low squad costs and wages figures, we haven’t got the right or likelihood in staying up for many seasons ahead. Should that day come, I’ll still look forward to going to the Amex with a great chance of seeing winning football. I realise that ideally we need to stay up due to the huge cost base of the club, but there are no certainties for clubs in the PL not spending huge sums in fees and wages.

Quite like the Championship, it has many advantages over the PL after all

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
That's not right.

Cardiff's last 12 Premier League games have given them four wins and two draws (and six losses) for 14 points.

Over the same spell we have won two, drawn three and lost seven for 9 points. I'd gladly take those 5 extra points to get us on par with Cardiff's run you clearly think isn't all that. We'd be above Palace and Burnley and level on points with Leicester.

Yep. that was sloppy. Oops.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
If we beat Cardiff then they need to get 9 points from their other 8 games. Those games include Chelsea, Liverpool, United and City. That leaves them needing to win 3 of their other four and that is if we don’t win any other points.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
If we beat Cardiff then they need to get 9 points from their other 8 games. Those games include Chelsea, Liverpool, United and City. That leaves them needing to win 3 of their other four and that is if we don’t win any other points.

You have copied my exact words I posted on another thread. Weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

If we beat them, think we’re safe.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Despite the (rightful) fretting - You could argue we are only three (not that unlikely) wins from our greatest ever season if they turn out to be
Palace (A), - surely nearly safe ..
Millwall (Cup), Palace (Cup)

What other season would have :
- a palace triple
- a cup final
- Safe in the top division with a few points to spare

Shows the tight margins this year...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Despite the (rightful) fretting - You could argue we are only three (not that unlikely) wins from our greatest ever season if they turn out to be

- a palace triple
- a cup final

Just not good enough ...Houghton out :whistle:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

- a palace triple
- a cup final

:moo:
I like you

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

- a palace triple
- a cup final

That’s true - especially as we’re in Palace’s half of the draw, according to that **** Parrish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Could do with West Ham winning at Cardiff today.

:albion2:

2 more albion wins needed.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Could do with West Ham winning at Cardiff today.

:albion2:

2 more albion wins needed.
Agree - West Ham getting something today is important especially if we don’t. A draw for us and a win for them would be grand

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here