Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Eubank Jnr v Degale

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Stiverne weighed in at 273lbs for a 6 foot 2 heavy that’s big. He looks fat and out of shape so perhaps the bookies have based it on that.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Getting into the top ten/twenty in the world at your weight is average?

I was over egging my response as top European and fringe world title contender didn’t sound as good.

Let’s put it this way, he makes far too many fundamental errors to beat a decent world champion. He doesn’t throw a jab and his foot work is poor.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I was over egging my response as top European and fringe world title contender didn’t sound as good.

Let’s put it this way, he makes far too many fundamental errors to beat a decent world champion. He doesn’t throw a jab and his foot work is poor.

I accept and expect you have far more knowledge than me, but as a parallel, if I was top twenty in the tennis world, or golf, I'd feel quite good about my ability.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I accept and expect you have far more knowledge than me, but as a parallel, if I was top twenty in the tennis world, or golf, I'd feel quite good about my ability.

Agreed. And quite a bit richer too, I’d imagine!

Should be a good fight as the loser is almost certain to be finished.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Fury has an incredible boxing brain and the best footwork/movement in the division.
If he was fully fit and a couple of stone lighter, I can't see anyone in the world beating him.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Fury is a brilliant boxer.

Brilliant, heavyweight.
Do you mean that he is up there with Ali, Norton, Foreman, Tyson, Lennox, Joe Frazier.
Or do you mean today.
Any if the above would Knock his block off with 1 hand.
Oh, and you don't take the piss out of lesser opposition.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Brilliant, heavyweight.
Do you mean that he is up there with Ali, Norton, Foreman, Tyson, Lennox, Joe Frazier.
Or do you mean today.
Any if the above would Knock his block off with 1 hand.
Oh, and you don't take the piss out of lesser opposition.

Different era’s. They would never have faced a 6 foot 9 18 stone heavyweight who moves well in comparison to his size. I’m not saying he would beat them but he would pose problems, purely as he would dwarf a lot of the names you say barring Lewis.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I want to like Eubank Jr as I was a massive fan of his dad and he has balls of steel as a fighter. But he's just such a c**k.
I read an interview today with Nick Blackwell, who was permanently injured in their fight. He says Eubank Jr has made little attempt to make contact with him.
Snr was, and is, a bit of a d**k himself, but he showed humility and compassion for Michael Watson. Unlike Mr “I’m a world beater cos I beat Spike O’Sullivan”.

Last edited:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I want to like Eubank Jr as I was a massive fan of his dad and he has balls of steel as a fighter. But he's just such a c**k.
I read an interview today with Nick Blackwell, who was permanently injured in their fight. He says Eubank Jr has made little attempt to make contact with him.
Snr was, and is, a bit of a d**k himself, but he showed humility and compassion for Michael Watson.

They both do come across as pricks, in different ways.
But I more feel sorry for Jr, imagine growing up with Snr as your Dad, no one would come out at 18 in any way normal.
Imo Snr has almost sabotaged his sons career, especially if he loses tonight.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
They both do come across as pricks, in different ways.
But I more feel sorry for Jr, imagine growing up with Snr as your Dad, no one would come out at 18 in any way normal.
Imo Snr has almost sabotaged his sons career, especially if he loses tonight.

Eubank Snr has helped Jnr become a multi millionaire, to be fair

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Eubank Snr has helped Jnr become a multi millionaire, to be fair
He could be a superstar headlining shows if his dad had kept his nose out and let Eddie run the show.
He kept Jr on a tight leash up until 1 year ago, controlling coaching opportunities, media, interviews, management and promotion opportunities etc.

The best thing his dad has done for Jr is give him his surname and head start in the business.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here