Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Eubank Jnr v Degale

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Good fight by Jnr him and his team got the tactics spot on but how can the judges differ so much as 1 only gave it to Jnr by 2 points which would have been the 2 knockdowns presumably

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Good fight by Jnr but how can the judges differ so much as 1 only gave it to Jnr by 2 points which would have been the 2 knockdowns presumably

The two knockdowns put Jr 4 points ahead alone. Degale certainly didn't do enough in that fight to warrant 112-114 card's

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Poor judging from 2 of them.
Jr won at least 7 rounds, a couple could be tied (at the most), and Degale maybe just about won 1 round.

Decent fight, I'd like to see the minute-stats of how long degale was clinching for throughout the whole fight.
Loved the WWE takedown by Jr.

Deserved win, BUT NEEDS to jab and work the body much more.
Pleased for him.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Before this fight, everyone away from Sussex had this down as CE to be outclassed.

Eubank was the betting favourite. I think most before the fight saw it as a genuine 50/50.

I favoured Eubank mainly based on how poor De Gale has looked in his last 2 fights.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
This, Degale was the slight favorite.

No I checked odds checker around 4pm which compares odds across all the markets and not one bookie had De Gale as favourite. 10/11 Eubank 6/5 De Gale. Very tight but the marginal edge in all cases went the way of Eubank.

Perth Pete

Feb 19, 2019
DeGale looked shot, his was movement sluggish & he hardly threw any punches, he came to spoil the fight and get one last pay day. Boxers are never the same after major shoulder surgery and it showed here. Hard to judge Eubanks current level from the fight, the Groves fight was probably a better indicator. Eubank could still get a world title but he will need to fight a non elite level fighter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here