Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Eubank Jnr v Degale

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I want to like Eubank Jr as I was a massive fan of his dad and he has balls of steel as a fighter. But he's just such a c**k.
I read an interview today with Nick Blackwell, who was permanently injured in their fight. He says Eubank Jr has made little attempt to make contact with him.
Snr was, and is, a bit of a d**k himself, but he showed humility and compassion for Michael Watson. Unlike Mr “I’m a world beater cos I beat Spike O’Sullivan”.

Very true, that's why I asked, but I did say earlier, he is very difficult to hit and he knows how to make himself difficult to hit, you need a step ladder and an arm extension.
Edit: Sorry replied to wrong post, I'm still croaking on about Fury.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
I’ve gone Eubank to win in rounds 10 - 12 at 17/2 - fancy DeGale will out box him for the first half of the fight but the younger fitter boxer (most importantly with fewer miles on the clock) to catch him late...

In his prime though, DeGale would have given him a boxing lesson tonight... looking forward to it.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Is Joe Joyce the real deal or just another one to put our hopes on.in desperation.

Desperate ? The 2 best heavyweights in the world are British , in fact three of the best four. Never had it so good.
Joyce got schooled by usyk in the amateurs, which while no disgrace , probably tells me he’s unlikely to be a top class force at heavyweight . Obviously he will win comfortably tonight though . Won’t go three rounds,

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Genuinely curious (I am a fan of AJ), how do you see Joshua beating Fury?

Fury is a top class fighter but Joshua has too much power for anyone else in the division.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Fury is a top class fighter but Joshua has too much power for anyone else in the division.

Power only becomes a factor if he can hit him clean, I don’t think he can. Fury would find Joshua’s more orthodox straight lines, easier to deal with then the more unpredictable Wilder.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Power only becomes a factor if he can hit him clean, I don’t think he can. Fury would find Joshua’s more orthodox straight lines, easier to deal with then the more unpredictable Wilder.

Sure, but look at the way aj walked through klitchsko. He won’t have respect for fury’s power which means fury’s kidology and feinting won’t count for much. Someone who isn’t cautious is a nightmare for fury imho

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Sure, but look at the way aj walked through klitchsko. He won’t have respect for fury’s power which means fury’s kidology and feinting won’t count for much. Someone who isn’t cautious is a nightmare for fury imho

I’m not sure he did. Klitschko had im down and almost out around the 7th. Klitschko’s biggest mistake was taking his foot off the gas and allowing Joshua to recover.

Fury will move and tire Joshua out. I’d go late stoppage for Fury.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

Got to disagree there. Even as a fan of AJ, he absolutely did not walk through Vlad, he was first to hit the deck and was not comfortable.
AJ does not have the strongest chin by any means, he's wobbled a good few times, and even though Fury isn't known for his power, he can still knock anyone out if the punch is right.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Got to disagree there. Even as a fan of AJ, he absolutely did not walk through Vlad, he was first to hit the deck and was not comfortable.
AJ does not have the strongest chin by any means, he's wobbled a good few times, and even though Fury isn't known for his power, he can still knock anyone out if the punch is right.

He defo looked vulnerable against klit but when it came down to it, in the 11th round , he stood up from his stool and threw him around like a rag doll. He has that in his locker. It’s a good debate though, as fury is a world class spoiler.
Unbelievable that the promoters can’t get these big fights over the line

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Still no good streams, currently watching a low-res one via wiziwig.ru.

Sterling Vs Silver have just finished their 10 rounder.
Gives us 10 mins or so to find some decent links.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here