Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Will we beat the Welsh?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
England lost that half 18-3. They didn't get near the Welsh touchline. Gatland owned Jones on the tactical front. Credit to Wales there, gutsy win.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I dont know much about rugby but to me the game changed when Biggar came on.

I think the direction of travel even before that point was all Wales. England simply awful.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
wales-rugby-ball.jpg

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Ah, England meet Mr Hubris ( I think the England cricket team have already been introduced)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think so. I don't understand why it makes any sense to keep kicking away possession.

It's because it worked against Ireland and France. England didn't take into account that Wales had one of the best full backs in the world, someone who relishes high balls slung at it him. It was a strange, strange tactic.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
well it all worked rather well in the first half, and started ok second. kicking and pace of game kept pressure on Wales. i missed most the second half, i suppose they run out of steam?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Was it because we were kicking the ball too much rather than running it?
Not just the kicking but our entire game plan is floored as we have no plan b and we did not turn up for the second half. Think us at Fulham this season.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
well it all worked rather well in the first half,

Did it though? Neither of the English scores came from a long kick. The try came from England putting pressure on a Welsh maul. Williams et al gathered every kick with ease

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
It's because it worked against Ireland and France. England didn't take into account that Wales had one of the best full backs in the world, someone who relishes high balls slung at it him. It was a strange, strange tactic.

So if you know that, why doesn't Eddie Jones?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here