Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Good start with last night’s results

Other teams craplulence isn't an excuse for our own.

What?! I’m not making excuses for being crap, coz we are not. I’m welcoming last night’s results with open arms and hope results today and tomorrow mean we don’t drop a peg down the table whilst we are not playing.

No matter how good or crap you think we are, I guarantee we will be earning ZERO points this weekend so good news elsewhere is more than welcome.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Lets hope they continue, starting with Spurs beating Burnley at lunchtime,

Other teams craplulence isn't an excuse for our own.

What?! I’m not making excuses for being crap, coz we are not. I’m welcoming last night’s results with open arms and hope results today and tomorrow mean we don’t drop a peg down the table whilst we are not playing.

No matter how good or crap you think we are, I guarantee we will be earning ZERO points this weekend so good news elsewhere is more than welcome.

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?370533-Premier-League-22-24-2/

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

Well said and try to.ignore the negative trolls. They are either idiots or wind-up merchants and often both.

Of course other results are really important to us.

Accentuating the positive (why do otherwise?), Watford's performance and move to 7th in the table is also a nice reminder of exactly how good we were against them.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Even with recent dip in form, I really don’t think we are one of the worst 3 sides in the division. We just need to start proving it again and we’ll be fine.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
With what I thought was a much stronger squad this year, I have to say I am now hoping on other teams failures to help us stay up. I still think we will just do enough but in the cold light of day I had really hoped to push on and surpass last seasons points total.

That might still happen but with us needing 4 wins (in my view to survive), and with Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, and Wolves away, plus Man City at home (all of which I think are unlikely to yield us points) we need the 4 wins from the other 7 games. Now would be a great time to turn our form around. Lets hope the week in the sun has helped.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
If anyone thought that after a decent showing in PL season 1 for us, that we were going to do the same this season, need to take their blinkers off.
A reliance on others, unwittingly giving us a lifeline, is always going to happen, whether we like it or not.
Albions survival is in the players hands, they know it and will hopefully do something about it in the coming games.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Even with recent dip in form, I really don’t think we are one of the worst 3 sides in the division. We just need to start proving it again and we’ll be fine.

No we're not among the worst 3 teams but we have to go into every one of our remaining games with the right attitude (ie all remaining games are individual cup finals) or we will be ****ed irrespective of how good we are.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
With what I thought was a much stronger squad this year, I have to say I am now hoping on other teams failures to help us stay up. I still think we will just do enough but in the cold light of day I had really hoped to push on and surpass last seasons points total.

That might still happen but with us needing 4 wins (in my view to survive), and with Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, and Wolves away, plus Man City at home (all of which I think are unlikely to yield us points) we need the 4 wins from the other 7 games. Now would be a great time to turn our form around. Lets hope the week in the sun has helped.

It IS a much stronger squad this year - squad being the operative word. Last season we got away with hardly any injuries or suspensions - Stephens, Propper, Gross, Dunk, Duffy, Murray missed just a bare handful of games between them. If we had had to go any length of time without two of three of those we would have struggled.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well I bloody loved last night’s results, we can’t do anything to influence this weekends results so it’s great to get some help. Of course we need to perform over the rest of the season but other team’s failings could help us to pull clear without any last game dramas.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
We need 14 points from 12 games to surpass last years total.

The inference is we are on schedule to do that. Not sure if that's what you're getting at but we need to get 3 points and quickly to get us back on track.

Anything at Leics would be a bonus of course, but if the unthinkable should happen and we fail to beat Hudders ...................... (feel free to complete the sentence)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The inference is we are on schedule to do that. Not sure if that's what you're getting at but we need to get 3 points and quickly to get us back on track.

Anything at Leics would be a bonus of course, but if the unthinkable should happen and we fail to beat Hudders ...................... (feel free to complete the sentence)

I'm not suggesting anything at all. And certainly not denying that things , are still very precarious. Of course they are . Just putting things into perspective
that more points than last season (41) is still a reasonable ambition and would put a different perspective on this season and this last few weeks.
Despite evertying we've still been playing well (v Watford, even Burnley), the points v Arsenal, beating Everton ,West Ham point (yes, i know we should have...) , the scoring (not the ones conceded obviously), the cup form is impressive, and there are winnable games. And we now have a fit Izquierdo, and Ali J.(who must start showing his hand at some point)

and the form of the teams around us , even if there are occasional wins , is still pretty awful.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I think Spurs will beat Burnley, but Newcastle will be above us by the end of today.
Arsenal should do Saints over.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
We've not been playing badly I grant you that but the more the media focus on our crap form and the longer we go without addressing it then the worse it will get imo.

Unless we get a pasting at Leics then I doubt a loss will add to the psychological impact. But if we fail to beat Hudders I'm not sure how we might turn it around

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Lots of twists and turns to come I suspect. With just 3 points between Palace (27) in 13th and Saints (24) is 18th and quite a few fixtures between those 6 sides, it's anybodys guess who might suffer the drop right now. One other good thing about Cardiffs thumping last night it their GD is now -27, 9 worse than the next nearest of those 6 sides.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here