Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Good start with last night’s results

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
T'is a shame the team have got themselves into this position.
At least twice they've had the chance to cement themselves in a place for the Everton cup and have blown it.

If this continues fingers crossed this is the last season of hoping 'results go our way'.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
T'is a shame the team have got themselves into this position.
At least twice they've had the chance to cement themselves in a place for the Everton cup and have blown it.

If this continues fingers crossed this is the last season of hoping 'results go our way'.

Look on the bright side, if we’d won a couple more games we’d probably have a boring middle of the table run in, where’s the fun in that? As it is we have lots of nailbiting, looking over the shoulder, and the thrill of “will we won’t we” for a few games yet. It’s the “Brighton Way” and we should be used to it by now.

It’s been years since we had a season with nothing resting on the last few games, although unbeknown to us at the time last season could be looked at like that.

Last edited:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Just had a look at the other teams in the mixers fixtures.
I wouldn’t swap ours for any of theirs except maybe Newcastle.

Cardiff’s are a nightmare, and I wouldn’t fancy Southamptons run in either. I think they will both finish below us. In fact, I think Southampton will go.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It's in our hands.

I've always considered hoping others fail for your own benefit is a losers attitude, and deserves nothing more than abject failure.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Look on the bright side, if we’d won a couple more games we’d probably have a boring middle of the table run in, where’s the fun in that? As it is we have lots of nailbiting, looking over the shoulder, and the thrill of “will we won’t we” for a few games yet. It’s the “Brighton Way” and we should be used to it by now.

It’s been years since we had a season with nothing resting on the last few games, although unbeknown to us at the time last season could be looked at like that.
A boring mid table run in would be fantastic right now then we could concentrate on the cup!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Well I bloody loved last night’s results, we can’t do anything to influence this weekends results so it’s great to get some help. Of course we need to perform over the rest of the season but other team’s failings could help us to pull clear without any last game dramas.

Well said. Me too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Other teams craplulence isn't an excuse for our own.

Holding Watford to a 0-0 draw gaining a point, shows we are less crap than losing 5-1.

It seems no matter what we do, some fans will always think we are crap.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
If we do manage to survive , number one priority get at least 2 strikers in over the summer , having no strikers on the bench v Derby and in particular v Burnley and probably v Leicester this coming Tuesday is just asking for it , obviously there's no crystal ball but would you be comfortable going in to next season knowing we start with what we already have and no additional Pele like striker ? .

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If we do manage to survive , number one priority get at least 2 strikers in over the summer , having no strikers on the bench v Derby and in particular v Burnley and probably v Leicester this coming Tuesday is just asking for it , obviously there's no crystal ball but would you be comfortable going in to next season knowing we start with what we already have and no additional Pele like striker ? .

Completely agree. Especially considering Muzza will be another year older. Love him to death, but he's going to run out of steam sooner or later.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Other teams craplulence isn't an excuse for our own.

We got a point at home against Watford, and a point away at West Ham. Cardiff and Fulham both got dry humped.

We ARE better than them, and will finish above both of them.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Even with recent dip in form, I really don’t think we are one of the worst 3 sides in the division. We just need to start proving it again and we’ll be fine.

Trouble is, even if two supposedly crappier teams than us play each other, the points still have to get divvied up. Them's the rules. Example: Newcastle play Huddersfield today and Burnley on Tuesday. One or some or all of our rivals in the dogfight WILL get points, no matter how crap they are. At the risk of stating the bleeding obvious, the only solution is for us to start putting points on the boards. Else we'll certainly be sucked down into the bottom three. In fact, looking at the PL fixture list, it seems WAY more likely than not.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Trouble is, even if two supposedly crappier teams than us play each other, the points still have to get divvied up. Them's the rules. Example: Newcastle play Huddersfield today and Burnley on Tuesday. One or some or all of our rivals in the dogfight WILL get points, no matter how crap they are. At the risk of stating the bleeding obvious, the only solution is for us to start putting points on the boards. Else we'll certainly be sucked down into the bottom three. In fact, looking at the PL fixture list, it seems WAY more likely than not.

Stating the obvious, no? Of course we have to get some points, that’s how league football works

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Yep gotta agree with [MENTION=19881]Birdie Boy[/MENTION] it would be great to rest players from the league in readiness for the cup!

I want a hudds win. They are not a relegation rival. They are a championship club that might nick a point or two before that’s confirmed

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Well that went well.

A shame we are now looking at other teams to slip up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here