Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Seven Seas of Rhye

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have no Queen albums and won't be getting any. My boat is not floated at all. Freddie was possibly the best ever rock showman though. Live Aid was something else

I did see them at the Brighton Centre in a concert that many still rave about. Left me cold on the night, very self indulgent imo and only played portions of their hits preferring to go a bit full on show off with other stuff as I recall. Maybe it was just me as I didn't have any albums and only knew the hits so found most of it to be loud shite

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I have no Queen albums and won't be getting any. My boat is not floated at all. Freddie was possibly the best ever rock showman though. Live Aid was something else

I did see them at the Brighton Centre in a concert that many still rave about. Left me cold on the night, very self indulgent imo and only played portions of their hits preferring to go a bit full on show off with other stuff as I recall. Maybe it was just me as I didn't have any albums and only knew the hits so found most of it to be loud shite

As you posted earlier.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Alright, full disclosure, Queen are my most favourite band ever. First heard them with Seven Seas of Rhye (probably). I think the OP may be wrong about it being forgotten after 7m sales of it on Greatest Hits:lolol:
First realised I wanted to go out with the future Mrs Earle, while listening to Killer Queen in the car on the way to a course for work. A weekend jaunt to spend a bit of time clubbing with a mate in Bournemouth and hearing Kid Jensen play the whole album Sheer Heart Attack while I was in the back of the car, just cemented my love for the band. Saw them three times with Freddie, bought singles and albums the day they came out. Mrs Earle bought me the Flash Soundtrack and dropped the needle on the vinyl so 'Flash' resonated through the house as I entered the door from work. I used to have the Queen calendars on my wall at work. Saw We Will Rock You in London and maybe 3 times on cruise ships. All great productions. Plus what superb videos. I'll post a favourite in a minute, but where to start. Freddie Queen soundtracked our lives (me and Mrs Earle). We glories in Live Aid (on TV). We cried when Freddie died and to These Are The Days of our Lives. Some songs might be a bit over familiar now, but they are a global phenomenon, revitalised with Adam Lambert (whose voice I don't care for). But shite they ain't. Oh, and I still have my original Queen Night at the Opera badge:smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here