Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Fridat dinking thread

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Had a lovely pub lunch today with my sister, and thought what a beautiful Friday.

Back now, watching the cricket, with some of these beauties...

imagespunk.jpg

...is there a finer Friday night beer?

What are you guys sipping this evening?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Are any NSCers still drinking? :wink:

Great thread title btw :lolol:

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I haven't had a punk IPA this year . . . . they had Thornbridge Jaipur on spesh last week, which is vastly superior.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I haven't had a punk IPA this year . . . . they had Thornbridge Jaipur on spesh last week, which is vastly superior.

That's what I love about these drinking threads. All the pretentious people who know so much more about beer than I and dismiss any other peoples choices. I will.be drinking Italian red wine from a carton. Only €2.50 a litre. I will be using a glass.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

theboybilly

That's what I love about these drinking threads. All the pretentious people who know so much more about beer than I and dismiss any other peoples choices. I will.be drinking Italian red wine from a carton. Only €2.50 a litre.

Indeed, one of the nicest tasting bottled Bitters can be had (or at least was available) from Aldi's for £1. Bank's Best.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I might have a beer tonight actually. Not sure what... I hear Fotherington & Postlethwaite (Fine Beer and Wine Merchants of Distinction) are doing an Organic Pale Light Dark Japanese Special IPA by a Micro Brewery so small it's run from a shoe box in a Tokyo basement. £28.99 a thimble, and with a taste you'll never forget.

Failing that, I might just have a can of Stella.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Both brilliant flag ship beers. I wouldn’t say one is better. In fact after a couple I’m not sure I could tell.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'll have a couple of Hophouse lagers dahhn the local in front of the first hour or so of the West Ham v Fulham game, before mincing home for a glass of red in front of a movie. Wont be my choice tonight though. We watched Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom last night, which she thought was shit, so my choosing rights have been suspended for the next couple of windows.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That's what I love about these drinking threads. All the pretentious people who know so much more about beer than I and dismiss any other peoples choices. I will.be drinking Italian red wine from a carton. Only €2.50 a litre. I will be using a glass.

Funnily enough I know a hell of a lot about these two particular beers, their history and also how they’re linked. I’m not sure this make me pretentious, just knowledgeable. In fact the Frau says it makes me boring.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Choices, choices........

Last night of all inclusive

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Silent Pool and tonic to warm up, then a couple of Zins with a chilli, followed by an Alsatian SGN.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here