Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gordon Taylor: PFA chief executive says review will take place

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
As Diana Ross sang, Still Waiting! Taylor seems to be a prime customer for slipping off the gravy train but seems to keep hanging in there and on to his grossly excessive salary.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Its interesting isn't it?

I think he's huge mates with some very influential press reporters who seem to be giving him a very easy time over this. Henry Winter being a good example.

Compare and contrast with the venom football reporters go after some people (Dave Brailsford for example). I'm not saying these others don't deserve to be exposed in the press but Taylor seems to be pure Teflon.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Whilst I think that Taylor should go, the incessant snidey digs of Marina Hyde in The Grauniad towards him do the critics few favours.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Taylor to stand down according to BBC news.

Good hopefully will not have to listen to that squeaking drivel from him anymore

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I went right off him when he said he could not realistically ask any players to front a anti-homophobic campaign because he feared they would be ridiculed. Yeah great work Gordon.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Dinosaur of a man.

It's a disgrace that the players have allowed him to stay in his position. It's up to them to oust him for the good of the game and the consciences.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Dinosaur of a man.

It's a disgrace that the players have allowed him to stay in his position. It's up to them to oust him for the good of the game and the consciences.

Yes it's about time. He's been a leech on the game for years and his main achievement seems to have been keeping himself in a job while doing bugger all about important issues.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
In December, the Charity Commission said it would be "engaging" with the PFA "to establish the facts" amid criticism of Taylor.

The latest PFA Charity accounts reveal staff costs of £4m, but elsewhere in the accounts it is stated that "no salaries or wages have been paid during the year".

In separate PFA general fund accounts for 2017-18, Taylor's remuneration comes to a total of £2,020,393.

In response to the concerns, Taylor said the organisation had "listened" and had "taken the time to think carefully about what is in the best interests of our organisation and our members".

"I have dedicated the last 40 years of my life to lining my pockets and it’s time for somebody else to," he added. (Edited)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I find his hairstyle particularly offensive, although I accept that’s probably just me.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Dinosaur of a man.

He is really out of touch and should have stood down a long time ago. In football though these people just continue to leech on. There should be a limit on the number of years you can be the head of FIFA, UEFA the PFA etc.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here