Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Question Time with ....

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Barnes letting the rest of the panel know he's there early doors with a robust two-footed challenge.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I'm not going to lie, I'm becoming a bigger fan of John Barnes every time I hear the guy speak.

who would have thought that the man who was so very, very useless at presenting a football show would go on to become one of the most honest, articulate and refreshing social commentators on issues such as this. I'm with you, hats off to the man.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
who would have thought that the man who was so very, very useless at presenting a football show would go on to become one of the most honest, articulate and refreshing social commentators on issues such as this. I'm with you, hats off to the man.
Agreed. He contrasted sharply with the far less intelligent but much more pleased with herself young journalist who completely failed to deal with his argument about not being able to begin to quantify the complex economic implications of Brexit.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The 3 politicians were exactly as expected:
* Indy bloke racked with guilt, not really making a coherent case for not holding a by election. I have sympathy with him for many reasons on this and his dishonesty over this just seems a necessity in the current climate. Not least that it suits the two big parties to demand by elections when this happens. If they are so in thrall to the electorate themselves, why not actively seek to reform the voting method? Most of us are sick to death of FPTP producing two shambolic front benches that we have little respect for.
* It is absolutely astonishing the brass neck that a Tory can have when he talks about looking after the most vulnerable in society. And the brass neck in insisting the Tories are not at the mercy of their own lunatic fringe whereas Labour are.
* Labour fella. Just do one. Rather than bleating about by elections for which there has never been a precedent - how about admit that you've just alienated huge swathes of the centre left in your own party, who incidentally contribute just as much as the Marxist terrorist sympathisers now running the show (cluelessly).

* Barnes was absolutely superb. Just excellent.

* The journalist - silly as they usually are on there, absolutely loving the sound of her own voice, even if it meant spouting utter tripe (and it usually did). Do we have to have a journalist every single damn week? There are plenty of others I'd much rather hear from.

And finally a word on Fiona Bruce - what a breath of fresh air. It is all so much more watchable than it was in the days of that tedious mouthpiece of the establishment, David Dimbleby. I am so glad he finally fcked off as he was crap.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The 3 politicians were exactly as expected:
* Indy bloke racked with guilt, not really making a coherent case for not holding a by election. I have sympathy with him for many reasons on this and his dishonesty over this just seems a necessity in the current climate. Not least that it suits the two big parties to demand by elections when this happens. If they are so in thrall to the electorate themselves, why not actively seek to reform the voting method? Most of us are sick to death of FPTP producing two shambolic front benches that we have little respect for.
* It is absolutely astonishing the brass neck that a Tory can have when he talks about looking after the most vulnerable in society. And the brass neck in insisting the Tories are not at the mercy of their own lunatic fringe whereas Labour are.
* Labour fella. Just do one. Rather than bleating about by elections for which there has never been a precedent - how about admit that you've just alienated huge swathes of the centre left in your own party, who incidentally contribute just as much as the Marxist terrorist sympathisers now running the show (cluelessly).

* Barnes was absolutely superb. Just excellent.

* The journalist - silly as they usually are on there, absolutely loving the sound of her own voice, even if it meant spouting utter tripe (and it usually did). Do we have to have a journalist every single damn week? There are plenty of others I'd much rather hear from.

And finally a word on Fiona Bruce - what a breath of fresh air. It is all so much more watchable than it was in the days of that tedious mouthpiece of the establishment, David Dimbleby. I am so glad he finally fcked off as he was crap.
So you're on the fence then?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

I'm surprised that anybody thinks that it is ok to be elected as a candidate for one political party, and then, once elected, abandon that party. Whether that is to be an "independent" or to switch parties.

The only reason why they won't resign (yeah, I know you can't resign as an MP but I didn't want to go through all the Manor of the Chiltern Hundreds stuff again) is because they would very probably lose. Then they lose access to the trough their snouts are buried in.

Anybody think that the Labour Party councillor for Moulsecoomb who defected to the Tories would get re-elected if she resigned and stood as a Tory? Course she wouldn't. Just wants to keep her salary and generous allowances whilst giving her electorate the finger. Disgraceful behaviour.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Barnes did indeed speak very well last night. Passionate and articulate.

Terrible manager though.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
At least the got their 1 former UKIP candidate in via the usual stealth mode again. Bravo.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I was interested to hear Chris Leslie bring up the Chakrabarti report which whitewashed Labour anti-semitism and coincidentally got its writer a peerage. Predictable outrage from the Labour MP but highly dubous, I thought.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I'm surprised that anybody thinks that it is ok to be elected as a candidate for one political party, and then, once elected, abandon that party. Whether that is to be an "independent" or to switch parties.

The only reason why they won't resign (yeah, I know you can't resign as an MP but I didn't want to go through all the Manor of the Chiltern Hundreds stuff again) is because they would very probably lose. Then they lose access to the trough their snouts are buried in.

Anybody think that the Labour Party councillor for Moulsecoomb who defected to the Tories would get re-elected if she resigned and stood as a Tory? Course she wouldn't. Just wants to keep her salary and generous allowances whilst giving her electorate the finger. Disgraceful behaviour.

Personally think they have done the right thing. If they are to make a difference they need to do it from a position of power which their 'seats' gives them. I don't understand anyone not wanting to change the political model which has delivered the mess we are in. A Tory party driven by 60 or so right wing Brexiteers and a Labour party rapidly moving to the left, doing nothing about Brexit, led by incompetence (or perhaps a very specific agenda) and rapidly losing lots of more moderate voters.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here