Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] ManC fan punched & in critical condition

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I hope the guy recovers. No place for violence in football or society.

B86C1EBB-8A1A-425B-B94F-163845CA94A8.png

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I hope he's okay too, but it's probable that he was complicit in the violence.

Whether he was or wasn't, it's a reminder not to be aggressive at football matches - particularly when abroad - as it can escalate quickly during high emotions with the wrong people, leading to unfortunate events like this.

I read earlier - admittedly on Twitter - that the chap in critical condition had gone to the aid of his girlfriend who had been punched by a Schalke 'supporter'. So not sure it's a good idea to jump to the conclusion that someone who is fighting for their life is 'probably' complicit!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Many years ago i was on a train to Munich that had plenty of Schalke fans on board.

They were a pretty wild bunch. They kicked off as soon as we arrived at the station.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Whether he was or wasn't, it's a reminder not to be aggressive at football matches - particularly when abroad - as it can escalate quickly during high emotions with the wrong people, leading to unfortunate events like this.

Bit of an assumption there......

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Nothing is probable. I have, or more than one occasion, known folk attending games to be the victim of unprovoked assault. I came close to it when I was ambushed at Preston. I had to escape for my life at an England match in Dublin.

Bad assumption. And, even if proved otherwise, it remains.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

What an incredibly c*ntish thing to say.

There’s a bloke lying in a critical condition hundred of miles from home, so let’s jump to the conclusion that he was asking for it or he deserved it? You’re an absolute weapon. Maybe go and brush up on what happened to Nic Cruwys or Sean Cox; two innocent football fans who were in the wrong place at the wrong time in the not too distant past, before spouting absolute shite like that on here.

Mug.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Goes to show it only takes 1 punch to cause serious injury or death. Hope he's alright and recovers.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
ManC fan punched & in critical condition

Goes to show it only takes 1 punch to cause serious injury or death. Hope he's alright and recovers.

Former boss of mine died that way. Intervened when two brothers were beating someone up, got punched (more than once admittedly), fell back on to the pavement and had a brain haemorrhage.....

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Well you have shown yourself to be a complete snide prick haven't you.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Nothing is probable. I have, or more than one occasion, known folk attending games to be the victim of unprovoked assault. I came close to it when I was ambushed at Preston. I had to escape for my life at an England match in Dublin.

Bad assumption. And, even if proved otherwise, it remains.

There was BBC doc on the police operation at one of the League Cup Finals in Cardiff, showing on CCTV ManU fans in the streets scheming to punch rival fans on the back of the head, which they then did. Horrible to watch. The victims were simply families having a drink, there’d been no lead up or meeting beforehand.

Thugs do not operate under Queensbury Rules, sucker punches have always been the norm. Cowards.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Have you ever been to an away game pre plastic PL? Random attacks on innocent Albion fans all over the country Chesterfield, Carlisle, Bristol City to name a few.

All the best to the lad in hospital.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Have you ever been to an away game pre plastic PL? Random attacks on innocent Albion fans all over the country Chesterfield, Carlisle, Bristol City to name a few.

All the best to the lad in hospital.
Completely agree. I have never been one for trouble but have been attacked on at least two occasions.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Former boss of mine died that way. Intervened when two brothers were beating someone up, got punched (more than once admittedly), fell back on to the pavement and had a brain haemorrhage.....

What is the survival rate for bleeding on the brain?
Among the 25% of people who survive an intracerebral hemorrhage, many experience a major improvement in their symptoms as their bodies naturally and gradually reabsorb the clotted blood within the brain. Among those who survive a bleeding aneurysm, about 50% suffer long-term neurological problems.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Completely agree. I have never been one for trouble but have been attacked on at least two occasions.

Crushes are the worst, fans can be trampled and nothing can prevent it, once started. At the Old Den (seventies) and at Aldershot (sixties). And trouble-makers just pushing on steep terraces (Elm Park),or just too full (White Hart Lane).

So the procedures at Falmer railway station are necessary where Newcastle fans (promotion season) could have caused a major incident by pushing.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Didn't someone on these boards say the other day that football needed to be a tribal & hostile atmosphere? This is exactly the reason it shouldn't be like that as you will always get morons who take that aggression one step too far. No place for that mentality anymore....its only a f****** game.
Hope the guy recovers with no long lasting effects.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
There was BBC doc on the police operation at one of the League Cup Finals in Cardiff, showing on CCTV ManU fans in the streets scheming to punch rival fans on the back of the head, which they then did. Horrible to watch. The victims were simply families having a drink, there’d been no lead up or meeting beforehand.

Thugs do not operate under Queensbury Rules, sucker punches have always been the norm. Cowards.

The worst I saw was after a home match against Scunthorpe United in 1991.

I saw one innocent and unaware Albion fan floored by a single punch. Another attacked on Newton Road.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here