Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Joan Baez

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Wow, would have definitely gone to see/hear her if I was still in the UK.
Fantastic voice and songs.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I've seen the blessed Joan about 25 times, often at the Dome which is one of my favourite concert halls.
For this tour we saw her at the Albert Hall and she really was on top form.
A few years ago at the Hawth in Crawley I got her to sing "Forever Young" for me and my wife, and our friends as we were all celebrating our Wedding Anniversaries. Unfortunately both friends have since died making it extremely poignant - suffice to say Joan holds a special place I my life and heart.

Having said all that were not going to the Dome, she was so good at the AH that we decided to leave on a high.
I looked at prices for her final London Concert at the Palladium recently, but £160 each is taking the piss.

Remembering our friends Maggie and Pete, Forever Young.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Yep. Just got in after seeing her.

Still got a great voice, even though she has currently got a chest infection. She went to hospital last night for a check up and she was very complimentary that the NHS didn't charge for the anti biotics.

Great mixture of songs tonight, an excellent concert.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I only bought tickets for this concert to see and hear an iconic figure from the 60's. Not especially a fan as always found her voice a bit too crystal clear and high. But wow. Despite the chest infection and only operating in her words at 80%, it was one of the most memorable concerts of many I have enjoyed. Her singing voice is now lower and much more listenable to my ears. Classic song after song, Dylan of course, Waites, Donovan and many others, accompanied either by one of her two acoustic Martin guitars beautifully fingerpicked, or light percussion from her son Gabe and a multi-instrumentalist whose name I didn't catch. One of the most enjoyable concerts ever, and that says a lot. Nearly 80 and looks and sings like someone 20 years younger with all the experience of her years in every note.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here