Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 22-24/2

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I've just looked and you are right. Every team above us has gained more points away from home than us. I assume this is one of the reasons CH has gone 433. We have played better away this season but not better enough to win/ been unlucky.

I think CH has gone 433 because of our xg rate being so low.

We simply aren't creating enough chances to be sure of getting teb points needed in the Prem.
This season has been exceptional, because of Murray's extraordinary conversion rate, earlier in the season.

We will stay up because of that and our decent home form.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I've just looked and you are right. Every team above us has gained more points away from home than us. I assume this is one of the reasons CH has gone 433. We have played better away this season but not better enough to win/ been unlucky.

Yes, agreed, it has been marginally better this year, but quite frankly, whatever set-up you use has to be matched with mental strength, and I feel that by and large this is where we have fallen short, albeit with a few notable exceptions.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We are doomed!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I remember one of those at Withdean, a foul on Elphick ? (outside the box) and the ref gives a pen that Bournemouth didn’t miss..

Handball by Elphick in the 90th min on the edge of the box. Marc Pugh scored the penalty to make it 1-1.

The one that grinds my gears more after all these years is the one given against Calde for a foul on Marc Pugh on New Years Day 2014, was a great tackle by Calde that the ref got completely wrong. The ref was Simon Hooper who if I remember correctly may as well wear an opposition shirt whenever he refs against us.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Handball by Elphick in the 90th min on the edge of the box. Marc Pugh scored the penalty to make it 1-1.

The one that grinds my gears more after all these years is the one given against Calde for a foul on Marc Pugh on New Years Day 2014, was a great tackle by Calde that the ref got completely wrong. The ref was Simon Hooper who if I remember correctly may as well wear an opposition shirt whenever he refs against us.

Yes, fully agree. I was totally amazed at the decision. The Bournemouth player didn't appeal at all, as did no one - just Hoops who "saw" something "wrong." And I think he now refs PL, so he has been promoted?? Every time, I see him reffing on the box, I think of that dreadful decision.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
[/U]

Could not agree more. But will they? Sadly, I have little faith in their mental strength when playing away from home. The form of the last 2 years has been so poor, though one accepts that it is hard to garner points away from home for teams like the Albion in the PL. But surely not as few as we have managed.

Completely correct. Some of our players might as well not get on the bus for away games. And that has put too much pressure on the team to win at home. We should be capable of getting something at Leicester, where the home crowd is just itching to have a go at Claude Puel. But instead I have to admit I expect the sort of meek surrender at West Brom last season, where an under-pressure manager gets a free gift of three easy points.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Yes, agreed, it has been marginally better this year, but quite frankly, whatever set-up you use has to be matched with mental strength, and I feel that by and large this is where we have fallen short, albeit with a few notable exceptions.
I agree with the mentality point we have discussed this regularly in our group and we just don't seem to have the never say die attitude or anyone that can drag the team up.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
8 palace fouls - 0 cards.
2 Leicester fouls - 1 yellow.

Leicester have been quite dominant. Cue palace scoring on the breakaway any moment now...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here