NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
tenor.gif

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"Supporters could be heard using a racist term that is derogatory to the Pakistani community during the game."

More: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47320081

Can't be that hard to work out who they are. I'd start with the idiot who thought it a good idea to take and publish the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nksnXeIikC4

But in that video the lovable scamps from the New Den (totally different to the Old Den) can clearly be heard chanting in favour of the Pakistani community and all the benefits they bring to multi cultural Britain.

stevewall

Feb 19, 2019
the chant was I'd rather be a paki than a Scouse aimed at ever to fans ,it was sung by no more than about 30 virtually no one heard it ,its only come to light because a millwall idiot put it on you tube , though as expected the Scousers claimed all 17000 millwall fans sung it forever the victim Scousers, it was childish and stupid but the sort of thing you hear at virtually every football ground in the country

stevewall

Feb 19, 2019
I'd rather be a paki than a Scouse was the chant sung by 30 millwall no more and heard by no more than a couple of hundred , only come to light because 1 recorded on you tube ,silly and childish but no more than that have heard worse just about everywhere else

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Maybe I'm missing something but why anti Pakistani chants or are they just next on their list

I believe they were expressing an opinion, through the medium of song and some unfortunate terminology, that they'd rather be from the Islamic Republic of Pakistan than Liverpool.

Last edited:

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Maybe I'm missing something but why anti Pakistani chants or are they just next on their list

It's a well trod path. I can remember hearing I'd rather be a Paki than a Turk at numerous games around the time the Leeds fan got stabbed and England were playing them regularly in qualifying competitions.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'd rather be a paki than a Scouse was the chant sung by 30 millwall no more and heard by no more than a couple of hundred , only come to light because 1 recorded on you tube ,silly and childish but no more than that have heard worse just about everywhere else

'Scouse' will no doubt be replaced by 'poof' for the quarter final.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
the chant was I'd rather be a paki than a Scouse aimed at ever to fans ,it was sung by no more than about 30 virtually no one heard it ,its only come to light because a millwall idiot put it on you tube , though as expected the Scousers claimed all 17000 millwall fans sung it forever the victim Scousers, it was childish and stupid but the sort of thing you hear at virtually every football ground in the country

I’d imagine that you are more likely to hear “that sort of thing” at your games than we are.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Why was that Millwall fan who put it on Youtube an idiot ? Because it exposed a group of your fans ?

And I am not having a go at Millwall fans on a whole here, as I know what groups of Brighton fans were singing in Luton 10+ years ago...

SAC

May 21, 2014
Why was that Millwall fan who put it on Youtube an idiot ? Because it exposed a group of your fans ?

And I am not having a go at Millwall fans on a whole here, as I know what groups of Brighton fans were singing in Luton 10+ years ago...

If he posted the video to expose a group of racist fans then all credit to him. However, I could be wrong, but I suspect that the idiot who posted it thought it was hilarious bantz.

A bit like the Charlton fan who filmed his mate chucking his seat towards the Millwall fans and publishing it online. His mate was promptly identified and arrested.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It's a well trod path. I can remember hearing I'd rather be a Paki than a Turk at numerous games around the time the Leeds fan got stabbed and England were playing them regularly in qualifying competitions.

Yes I recall an England International v Turkey at the City of Light, Sunderland

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here