Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] 1st Album you brought

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I know for sure that the first single I bought was Delilah by The Sensational Alex Harvey Band.

I want to say that the first album was Ziggy Stardust but I'm pretty sure I had a compilation album that had Kung Fu Fighting, Stuck in the Middle With You etc on it before that.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
$_35.JPG

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Rolling Stones - High Tide, Green Grass.

This was probably my first rock/pop album too and still is a much treasured album. It was a Christmas 1966 gift from my aunt and family. Impressive photo illustrated booklet included. My favourite track might still be Lady Jane, possibly now regarded as a deeper cut. My aunt loved Mick's rebelliousness and that album made a memorable Christmas for a 12 year old lad still finding his musical feet. Obviously, I still have the album!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This was probably my first rock/pop album too and still is a much treasured album. It was a Christmas 1966 gift from my aunt and family. Impressive photo illustrated booklet included. My favourite track might still be Lady Jane, possibly now regarded as a deeper cut. My aunt loved Mick's rebelliousness and that album made a memorable Christmas for a 12 year old lad still finding his musical feet. Obviously, I still have the album!

Me too.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm sorry. What age where you when you purchased this first album?

That cover would have sent me crying and screaming from HMV at the age I was purchasing the Lion King Soundtrack.

Yes, it’s a shame that the OP didn’t ask the age that this first album was bought. Some seem to have got the first at about 6 others in mid teens I reckon. I guess I would have been about 14 before I started buying albums, before that it was all about singles.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Does using ESSO tokens count? If it does then it's Thriller.

The first one I got bought for me was Now Dance 902 (it had mc hammer on...)

The first I bought with my own money...I really, really want to say it was Nevermind by Nirvana but I don't think it was. I had a copy of that recorded onto a blank tape with a selection of songs recorded off the radio on the other side. I don't think I got around to buying a copy of that until 93 or 94. I suspect the real answer is Bryan Adams or Mariah Carey. Probably Mariah as she was also one of the first singles I ever bought too...

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Howard Jones

Saw him also at the Brighton Centre

Saxon's debut album, which was called 'Saxon'.
saxon album cover.jpg

Bought in Roys of Wroxham . . . where every shop at the time was owned and called 'Roys' . . Roys Supermarket, Roys Bicycle shop, Roys Pharmacy, literally every shop including Roys of Wroxham Record Shop.
Roys of Wroxham.jpg

Even McDonalds had Roy above it !
mcdonalds-restaurant-in-wroxham-norfolk-england-great-britain-uk-BWXR3T.jpg

Attachments

• Saxondebut.jpg
    Saxondebut.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 89

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean

That cover would have sent me crying and screaming from HMV at the age I was purchasing the Lion King Soundtrack.

I was 13 and at 2nd year senior school...TOTP was everything then and 'Are Friends Electric' on said show just blew me away...Still a fabulous album imo

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
mike the bike.png

Loved the sound of the Honda 6 echoing down the Mountain.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom

Ha ha ha, so true. I was 3 when 'Are 'Friends' Electric' was released and by all accounts I loved it. However, if you'd shown me that album cover, I'd have shit my pants!

Reminds me of the episode of Family Guy when Brian shows Stewie the Queen album and it terrifies him.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
That's the only Genesis Album I don't own. Very rare to own that one :thumbsup:

Not really the sleeve posted is the 1993 Music Club reissue which is worth about £3, as opposed the 1969 Decca black sleeve copy which is worth about £400

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here