Leosayer

Aug 25, 2011
Kent
The Jam Setting Sons

The_Jam_-_Setting_Sons.jpg

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Aladdin Sane by David Bowie.

I had seen him doing Starman on Top of the Pops, so saved up for the LP. When I got home and played it, I discovered that Starman wasn’t on this album, so had to save up for Ziggy Stardust.

In the end, my first 7 albums were all by David Bowie.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Darkness on the Edge of Town by Bruce Springsteen probably circa 88, I was about 11 years old anyway.

Remains in my top ten albums to this day.

Purchased in Our Price, Dorking.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Summer Days (and Summer Nights) - The Beach Boys

So long ago that I cannot be 100% sure that was the first one though :shrug:

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Jimi Hendrix Live at the Albert Hall from an older boy at school, probably to impress him. Still cooler than my first single, Earnie the Fastest Milkman!:eek:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Got this for Christmas, 1980, swiftlIMG_0140.JPGY followed by kings of the wild frontier as an Easter egg alternative, still have both!

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Two, at the same time - from Woolworths in Blatchington Road.

Thriller, Michael Jackson and Darklands, Jesus and Mary Chain.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Now That's What I Call Music 10.
Bought it in Woolworths back in 1987.

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
T. Rex - Electric Warrior for me as well. It was tantamount to an act of anarchy as far as my parents were concerned. My dad said it was rubbish that I would stop listening to after a few months. Well, more than 40 years later it's me who is still listening to EW and dad who has stopped listening to James bloody Last (At last!)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
T. Rex - Electric Warrior for me as well. It was tantamount to an act of anarchy as far as my parents were concerned. My dad said it was rubbish that I would stop listening to after a few months. Well, more than 40 years later it's me who is still listening to EW and dad who has stopped listening to James bloody Last (At last!)

You survived then! I endured hours and hours of James Last as a child, to such an extent I almost like him now. When dad sadly passed, I ended up with something like 30 or 40 JL albums!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here