Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] 1st Album you brought

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Its a blank weekend for us, and no game until Tuesday, so what better to fill the time than another music thread :rock::rave:

So your very first album.

Mine was

Red Rose Speedway by Paul McCartney and Wings in 1973, purchased from Boots when they were halfway along Western Road with the record department upstairs. Seem to recall it cost £2.60 due to it being a gatefold sleeve as opposed to £2,40.

My favourite track at the time was Loup (First Indian on the Moon).

I moved onto more interesting music over the following years.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
1974: Crime of the Century by Supertramp after seeing them on 'Whistle Test doing Dreamer

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
R-2784275-1462649204-9226.jpeg.jpg

Jul 7, 2003
Initial Success - B.A. Robertson

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
First album I got given at the age of 8ish along with a small battery driven record player for Christmas was teeny boppers or some thing where children would sing chart hits. After that I got given compilations of some description. Then I got given a portable tape and radio thing and my friends would copy some of their albums for me or I would record the charts. The first Album I spent my own money on was a cassette tape copy of Invisible Touch by Genesis from Woolworths in London road. I was on a course at Brighton college and they were playing it in the canteen. I kept thinking as each song came on how I liked it, so went out and bought it.

Still love that album today. It was the first album I bought on CD, once I got one and started a life long love of the band.

birthofanorange

NSC Patreon
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
'Hunky Dory' - Bowie (1972)

We were asked to bring in an album to our music lesson (Hangleton Junior - Mr. Osgood(?) ) and I made this my first purchase ever. I still have the same copy, play it, and love the slightly scuffed sleeve and the inevitable small scratches from being played on dubious 'equipment' over the decades.
It remains one of my fave albums of all time.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here