Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] 1st Album you brought

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Every Christmas my nan bought me a Top of the Pops album which were all " sounds like" singers. The first album I actually bought was this

IMG_0268.JPG

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The first one I specifically remember buying with my own money was the Elton John Lion King soundtrack.

I stand by that being a MAGNIFICENT choice.

I can't stand when people say something COOL. Why lie? "Oh yeah, I was 6 and bought Dark Side". SHUT UP

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Perhaps the thread title should be changed to 'The first album you wanted people to think you'd bought', as there's only 2 or 3 people I genuinely believe are telling the truth...

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
The first one I specifically remember buying with my own money was the Elton John Lion King soundtrack.

I can't stand when people say something COOL. Why lie? "Oh yeah, I was 6 and bought Dark Side". SHUT UP

Ahh, didn't see your post. Totally agree!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
10 years old, I bought Songs From The Big Chair by Tears For Fears.

Prior to that the first single I bought was Shout as well.

Still think they're a decent band, and that butchering of EWTRTW by Robbie Williams that I heard on R2 recently made me want to throw the radio out of the window.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Oh yes, I had the Lion King soundtrack on cassette. Pretty sure it was a Christmas/birthday present but it was definitely my first album. I still have the Walkman I used to play it on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here