Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] VAR at Shalke tonight

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Absolute joke. How not to do it. Incomptant ref and VAR monitors. Train the ****ers FFS.

I mean the amount of time taken was absurd. The credibility of the decision was therefore nil. And it was wrong (but that is arguable. Maybe).

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The irony is that the Citeh goal came after a foul that VAR decided wasn't. It was. Maybe. But it was 30 seconds before the goal. So....wtf were they checking and why? Then after a three minute faff about VAR awarded a pen when it wasn't. It really wasn't. Amaturish. Second pen was a pen and VAR not needed. I love VAR but FFS let's have a rubric....

Last edited:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Absolute joke. How not to do it. Incomptant ref and VAR monitors. Train the ****ers FFS.

I don't understand why football can't get their heads round this. It's really easy.

And BT, it is not a controversy, it's a debacle. It would be a controversy if the decision is wrong.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
How much of the problem is also with the players and harassing the ref. Get the card out and book the first one that approaches you and it will stop.

Agree. Simple, only the captains can talk to the ref.

And mic the refs up so we can hear what is being said.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
How much of the problem is also with the players and harassing the ref. Get the card out and book the first one that approaches you and it will stop.

That huge problem is ever present. An ex ManU player, was it Stam?, revealed that Taggart got them surrounding the ref in intimidatory numbers. Making sure they always outnumbered the opposition players doing the same.

Rugby Union is a relevation. Players are told in no uncertain terms to go away, before decisions are reviewed, other officials are consulted.

We love football most, but the cheating and gamemanship gets worse.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't understand why football can't get their heads round this. It's really easy.

And BT, it is not a controversy, it's a debacle. It would be a controversy if the decision is wrong.

Love a good debacle :lolol:

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Both correct decisions as far as I’m concerned, but why does it take them so long to arrive at the decision?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Can't believe that Jake Humphrey has just gone to Peter Walton and asked for his opinion on the VAR decisions. Walton has said it's correct and then Humphrey more or less says, "yeah well thanks, but the people that play the game here in the studio disagree with you." What happened to Respect and all that.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Can't believe that Jake Humphrey has just gone to Peter Walton and asked for his opinion on the VAR decisions. Walton has said it's correct and then Humphrey more or less says, "yeah well thanks, but the people that play the game here in the studio disagree with you." What happened to Respect and all that.

I know Humprey is generally rated by sports fans, but I’ve always thought of him as a cocky tw*t.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Did the City defender move his arm out of the way or in the way for the first penalty? Contemptible decision.

He had the time, given that they have quick reactions, to tuck it in or slightly behind him. I think he used his arm simultaneously with his upper body, to make sure the shot didn’t hit the back of the net. Then falsely pleaded the opposite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here