Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Build your own Terminator?

Jul 7, 2003
So, working from home so as not to spread my cold around the office, I have had the TV on in the background. I have seen two adverts for those "build your own..." magazines - one for a replica of the Bismarck and the other to build a Terminator. Both were £1.99 for the first issue and £8.99 each week after that and it looks like it take 120 issues to complete - that is more than two years and well over £1000.

I can't believe people are stupid enough to buy these things in this day and age. Looking at the Bismark, it is a 1:1200 scale model whereas you can buy the Airfix 1:600 scale model for around £15.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I think it's actually 1:200 scale (for the Bismarck) but it's still a stupid price, however these type of magazines have been around for years so there must still be a market for them.

Part 1 was about 50p the first time they released this particular kit and about £5 an issue after that meaning it still set you back around £700.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
You can save over £700 by following the link here for the Bismark, for every kit purchased I will claim 20% of your savings.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the mind boggles who does buy these series. not just the cost but also the wait until its finished, when you just buy it and delivered within few days.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
russian-terminator-p1uidgca0e0_b.jpg It's taken me ****ing ages..:moo:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
So, working from home so as not to spread my cold around the office, I have had the TV on in the background. I have seen two adverts for those "build your own..." magazines - one for a replica of the Bismarck and the other to build a Terminator.

I used to love those "build your own" modelling magazines when I was a kid. I'd be glued to them for weeks.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here