Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Comedians Watching Football With Friends

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
New Sky show. Could well be AWFUL.

"Every week, celebrity super fans and comedian regulars will watch the games of the week and react in their own (read: studio) living rooms. Due to Sky’s deal with the Premier League, you actually get to see the games too.

"Regulars on the show, airing on March 6th, include Nish Kumar (Manchester United), Jon Richardson (Leeds United), Lee Mack (Blackburn Rovers) and Josh Widdicombe (Plymouth Arygle) amongst others. Oh and Adrian Chiles. Is he a comedian? Let’s not split hairs, but I’d have to say no."

MORE: https://www.shortlist.com/entertain...ball-with-friends-is-an-actual-tv-show/380315

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I'd rather watch the paint drying on my lounge wall which I painted 10 years ago.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I like Josh Widdicombe. Watching him watching a hapless Plymouth could be quite entertaining.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I get that comedy is objective. I can see why people find certain comedians funny even if they aren't my cup of tea (Lee Evans for example). That being said, I cannot fathom how Nish Kumar has made a career from comedy, the man is an unfunny idiot.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
I get that comedy is objective. I can see why people find certain comedians funny even if they aren't my cup of tea (Lee Evans for example). That being said, I cannot fathom how Nish Kumar has made a career from comedy, the man is an unfunny idiot.

You started off strongly and then managed to contradict yourself hugely. Well done:bowdown:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
sounds better than a Lot of dross that gets pumped out.

Comedians are mostly normal people not to bothered about celebrity status from my experience

SAC

May 21, 2014
Basically Gogglebox.

I like Nish Kumar but regretting buying tickets to see him live now I know that he's a Manchester United supporter. I think he's from Shepherds Bush.

I don't have Sky so will never know how bad it is.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My suspicion is that it will, in fact, NOT be entertaining.

It may well not be, but I'll give it a chance when its Widdicombe's turn. He's quite amusing on Quickly Kevin. They should do Frank Skinner watching West Brom as well, that would have potential.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

Kumar is unfunny, lacking in self awareness and London based. As a representative of Man Utds fan base he's perfect.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Looking forward to John Bishop watching Liverpool and Michael McIntyre watching Chelsea.

:lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Who would do the Albion? Reckon Romesh Ranganathan, a Crawleyite and genuinely funny guy, might be quite amusing. Especially if he was pre-armed with a flask and a pristine bottle of water. The Barberesque Comedy Gold would occur earlydoors, before he'd even cleared the turnstiles :lol:

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here