Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Labour set to lose control of Brighton Council

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Councillor Anne Meadows of Moulsecoomb & Bevendean has left Labour for The Conservatives, who now say they will try to form a minority council as the largest group...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
As posted in the Independent Group thread...

[tweet]1098172731001061376[/tweet]

Helen Catt
@BBCHelenCatt
BREAKING: Labour is on the brink of losing charge of [MENTION=3357]brighton[/MENTION]HoveCC as Councillor Anne Meadows defects to Conservatives saying she’s had 18 months of abuse and anti-semitism. Exclusive interview on @bbcsoutheast at 1330[/QUOTE]

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Iraqi-Minister-of-Information.jpg

Everything's fine. For the many, not the few. Repeat. Everything's fine.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
As posted in the Independent Group thread...

[tweet]1098172731001061376[/tweet]

Helen Catt
@BBCHelenCatt
BREAKING: Labour is on the brink of losing charge of [MENTION=3357]brighton[/MENTION]HoveCC as Councillor Anne Meadows defects to Conservatives saying she’s had 18 months of abuse and anti-semitism. Exclusive interview on @bbcsoutheast at 1330

Why didn't she go independent or Liberal if it was only about antisemitism within Labour? What utter BS. She might have to deal with HB&B's cockwobbling nonsense now, that will learn her.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Why didn't she go independent or Liberal if it was only about antisemitism within Labour? What utter BS. She might have to deal with HB&B's cockwobbling nonsense now, that will learn her.

Perhaps she's more 'Blair's new Labour' than liberal or independent. New Labour/Soft Conservatism?

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004

Responding to legitimate concerns about anti-semitism by calling it BS is precisely what has got Labour into this mess.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Responding to legitimate concerns about anti-semitism by calling it BS is precisely what has got Labour into this mess.

Sorry, you've misread my point. I'm calling out the motives for joining the Tories, not the antisemitism.

She is basically trying to save her position as a councillor by joining the opposition rather than make an actual stand on principle.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Sorry, you've misread my point. I'm calling out the motives for joining the Tories, not the antisemitism.

She is basically trying to save her position as a councillor by joining the opposition rather than make an actual stand on principle.

Apologies if I misunderstood you, but it's an incredibly fine line you're treading.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

She's a Moulsecoomb and Bevendean councilor. Strange decision. Indeed, why not go independent ?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

That's unfair. [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] was referring to the decision to join the conservatives rather than go independent. None of the labour MPS have joined the tories :shrug:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here