Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Seagulls Downunder Podcast with Andy Naylor

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Listened to it last night and it was a cracking listen. Andy was excellent and passionate about the Albion, which is why I am surprised keyboard warriors give him such a hard time. Keep it going guys

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
Listened to it last night and it was a cracking listen. Andy was excellent and passionate about the Albion, which is why I am surprised keyboard warriors give him such a hard time. Keep it going guys

Glad you liked it. I'm afraid the keyboard warrior thing is the way society has gone. It seems you can't do anything, even with the best intentions, without someone jumping down your throat.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

I really struggle with Andy's voice. He's just so monotone. I turned it off after about quarter of an hour as a result.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Having just got back into Podcasts will give this a go.

Notice there is also one called Seagulls Weekly.....worth a go or not?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Having just got back into Podcasts will give this a go.

Notice there is also one called Seagulls Weekly.....worth a go or not?

I've listened to a few. Its alright. A bit dry for my tastes, so I've not bothered subscribing. I dip into it now and then if I'm running low on the interesting pods.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I really struggle with Andy's voice. He's just so monotone. I turned it off after about quarter of an hour as a result.

I thought exactly the same but stuck with it and found it really enjoyable. Naylor's voice even started to become bearable towards the end.

Only complaint is the host should have pushed him harder on which managers were a pain to work with.

Have subscribed.

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney

Shame because you probably missed the bit about social media trolls. Criticising the way someone speaks is a new one, sometimes I wonder how low people will actually go to get a reaction.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Its a fascinating hour. Andy is insightful about the club and has great stories from his 30 or so years reporting for the Argus and the long long fall and rise of the club over that period. Recommended.

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
Its a fascinating hour. Andy is insightful about the club and has great stories from his 30 or so years reporting for the Argus and the long long fall and rise of the club over that period. Recommended.

Thanks for the review and recommendation, much appreciated.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Never liked Naylor particularly, and thought he came across as a bit ‘I know better than you’ etc. But, very impressed as to why he became a Stoke fan, and stuck to it as well. Far better than many whose only reason for supporting a team is if they win stuff, both in the UK but particularly true here*.

* How can a league really operate without relegation?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Shame because you probably missed the bit about social media trolls. Criticising the way someone speaks is a new one, sometimes I wonder how low people will actually go to get a reaction.

If that's a sly dig, which I assume it is, then that's a shame. I listen regularly but just found this particular episode a real struggle due to Andy's voice (but also a lot of his opinions to be honest). My time is limited and if I'm finding something boring and tedious then I'm simply not going to stick with it.

Also, I'm assuming in the section on social media you highlighted the fact that having an opinion isn't trolling. Criticising someone for having an opinion and turning off your product because of the quality of it is quite low though; it certainly doesn't reflect well on you as a podcast maker.

Luckily for you, most others seemed to enjoy this particular episode. I just wasn't one of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here