Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Ruptured Achilles injuries.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I think I've gone and done mine.

I took my little girl out on her scooter on Monday so I could go for a walk and get her some exercise. About a mile from the car in typical 4 year old fashion she just stopped and said she was tired and wanted carrying so I had her on my shoulders with a scooter and helmet in both my hands.

Yesterday I was in agony with it but spent the day limping around at work as I'm on my feet all day.

I've been awake most of the night in almost unbearable pain unable to get comfy.

Today I can't even twitch a toe without yelping out in pain, can't move my foot or ankle at all yet alone put it on the floor or walk on it, my calf muscle is also very very tight.

What do I do? Go the doctors for a diagnosis? Just been on the internet and I have all the symptoms but a lot of sites recommend urgent care is required so do I get myself up A&E? Don't want to waste their time up there but on the other hand I'm in a lot of pain...

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Not a doctor, nor even know much about your self-diagnosis, BUT, if your self-diagnosis suggests something that requires “urgent care” then, yep, I’d be going to A&E...

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Cheers. I'll call 111 (always forget about them). Then see what they say but I think a trip to a&e is looming.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
111 wanted to send an ambulance. I've said no to that so I'm off to a&e myself.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I snapped mine in Holland a few years ago and there was a loud noise like a rifle shot and I was in intense pain. I was taken to hospital and the first thing they asked for was the E111 which I had. I was in hospital for 3 days on initially on morphine painkillers and have a six inch scar. I flew back through the insurance. I had one cast put on at Southlands with my foot pointed downwards . After 3 months I had this cast taken off and the smell of congealed blood was overwhelming. . The second cast was on for another 3 months and I was off work for 6 months. In the end it all healed nicely with no problems. Good luck.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008

I took my little girl out on her scooter on Monday so I could go for a walk and get her some exercise. About a mile from the car in typical 4 year old fashion she just stopped and said she was tired and wanted carrying so I had her on my shoulders with a scooter and helmet in both my hands.

Yesterday I was in agony with it but spent the day limping around at work as I'm on my feet all day.

I've been awake most of the night in almost unbearable pain unable to get comfy.

Today I can't even twitch a toe without yelping out in pain, can't move my foot or ankle at all yet alone put it on the floor or walk on it, my calf muscle is also very very tight.

What do I do? Go the doctors for a diagnosis? Just been on the internet and I have all the symptoms but a lot of sites recommend urgent care is required so do I get myself up A&E? Don't want to waste their time up there but on the other hand I'm in a lot of pain...

DON'T go to A&E as its not an accident or emergency, all you will do is clog up their valuable time, call 111 and they will help you first.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Elevation, no weight on it, ibuprofen and ice on calf and Achilles will help whilst you wait to be seen.NO stretching or playing around with it.
Good luck.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

You certainly won’t be wasting anyone’s time - get yourself up to the hospital and good luck

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
DON'T go to A&E as its not an accident or emergency, all you will do is clog up their valuable time, call 111 and they will help you first.

But he can’t walk and is in unbearable pain?! Pretty sure GP is simply going to say same thing surely? But I’d do 111 first saying that

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea

111 wanted to send an ambulance. I've said no to that so I'm off to a&e myself.

Uh - do you read threads? I guess an ambulance doesn't take people to A&E anymore - is this because of those damned Tories and their cuts?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I done mine in the mid 90's. It was on the same day as Steve Claridge and I was told I'd be off work for three months. As a coincidence, both Claridge and I returned the same weekend three months later, me as a barman and him as a footballer.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

This is bad advice. I had a knee cartilage problem last year and was in severe agony. I felt silly contemplating A&E so waited for GP, spoke to a GP who immediately told me to go to A&E.

Good luck with it, long journey back from that kind of injury

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This is bad advice. I had a knee cartilage problem last year and was in severe agony. I felt silly contemplating A&E so waited for GP, spoke to a GP who immediately told me to go to A&E.

Good luck with it, long journey back from that kind of injury

...and he had rung 111 anyway and its they who suggested go to a&e....by ambulance

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
If it was an Albion injury, it would be not too serious expected back soon. (Later to become 3 months)

Edit

PS. Hope it's not too serious and it is not an Albion injury. Get well soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here