Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Ashworth - Joining Brighton was a "no brainer" [BBC Sport]

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
He started last week. His first interviews (i think he's in the Argus tomorrow) ... this is how he defines his role

""I have always seen this role as being the conduit between the board and the football department.
"Football clubs are vast now. You have the academy system, with a number of full-time members of staff and a long-term philosophy of young players for the club. You've got the player development role for players that are in that transition between youth and senior football, and are out on loan for example.
"Then you have player recruitment, which is a worldwide thing now. Someone has to do the sifting and make the recommendations. It is difficult for managers to watch players in depth."

he also talks about why he chose Brighton and how Hughton feels about him. ("he wanted me in the role")

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47294885

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dan Ashworth - Joining Brighton was a "no brainer" although I was surprised I couldn't take my flask to my desk.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Ashworth, 47, decided to leave the FA as he landed on his way back from last summer's World Cup in Russia.

England's semi-final appearance added to an impressive list of accomplishments during Ashworth's time at the organisation, which also included World Cup final victories for England's Under-20 and Under-17 sides in 2017.

It made Ashworth a man in demand, although he refused to say whether he spoke to United before agreeing to join Brighton.

He said: "I wouldn't be prepared to discuss who I did or didn't speak to. Over the last few years, I'd spoken to a couple of clubs and some were more interesting than others but Brighton was the most interesting role for me and it was a terrific opportunity. I have an irrational fear of plastic bottle caps so felt the Amex Stadium was the perfect place for me after Paul Barber agreed to somehow find a way to eradicate them. Have I said too much?"

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ashworth, 47, decided to leave the FA as he landed on his way back from last summer's World Cup in Russia.

England's semi-final appearance added to an impressive list of accomplishments during Ashworth's time at the organisation, which also included World Cup final victories for England's Under-20 and Under-17 sides in 2017.

It made Ashworth a man in demand, although he refused to say whether he spoke to United before agreeing to join Brighton.

He said: "I wouldn't be prepared to discuss who I did or didn't speak to. Over the last few years, I'd spoken to a couple of clubs and some were more interesting than others but Brighton was the most interesting role for me and it was a terrific opportunity. I have an irrational fear of plastic bottle caps so felt the Amex Stadium was the perfect place for me after Paul Barber agreed to somehow find a way to eradicate them. Have I said too much?"

:lolol:

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I still think that it is one helluva coup for the Club to have secured the services of this chap - doesn't mean that it will naturally be a success, but if balancing the immediate and long term objectives is a feature of a successful club, then we have what looks like a top-man in the job who believes this club is set up and willing to help him achieve his own ambitions.. says a lot about the Club and its set up..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here