portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Done

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Will you post results and a quick summary of observations? Always good to see where this stuff ends up.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Done.

I very recently closed all my online betting accounts as I felt it was FAR too accessible and easy to lose fiver after fiver with no real sense of true cost.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Done.

The main problem with bookies is that they make it very accessible to have a bet if you lose, not so much if you win. Just Today, a nameless local William Hills shop wouldn't lay me £200 on a 13/8 shot, offered £50 instead:annoyed:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Done.

The main problem with bookies is that they make it very accessible to have a bet if you lose, not so much if you win. Just Today, a nameless local William Hills shop wouldn't lay me £200 on a 13/8 shot, offered £50 instead:annoyed:

Relatable anecdote for the student there.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Done.

I did a tally up a little while ago of clubs in the Premier League and Championship and it was something like over 50% of them have gambling sponsors on their shirts.

People in here may know the answer actually: what does an 'official betting partner' actually mean? It is just some betting company throwing money for a club so their logo can appear on websites etc?

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South

StevenageResearcher

Feb 15, 2019
Thanks to everyone who's filled it in

Will you post results and a quick summary of observations? Always good to see where this stuff ends up.

Feel free to drop me a PM with your email address and I'll send you the results once it's finished!

Done.

I very recently closed all my online betting accounts as I felt it was FAR too accessible and easy to lose fiver after fiver with no real sense of true cost.

So many people I know, including myself will admit that sometimes it doesn't really feel like you're losing real money

Done.

Correct. I'm going to have to try so hard not to make the dissertation one massive rant

Done.

I did a tally up a little while ago of clubs in the Premier League and Championship and it was something like over 50% of them have gambling sponsors on their shirts.

People in here may know the answer actually: what does an 'official betting partner' actually mean? It is just some betting company throwing money for a club so their logo can appear on websites etc?

Yes. As far as I can gather. In some cases the company can offer 'unique' offers to fans of that club...

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
So many people I know, including myself will admit that sometimes it doesn't really feel like you're losing real money

A real highlight of that was, if SOMEHOW I won, say £80....I'd cash out £60 and then throw £20 on sky roulette within the app.

I'd say to myself "well done for cashing out the 60" when really I should have been slamming myself for being idiotic and just losing TWENTY POUNDS in about 30 seconds. It's crazy.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Done. My answers will look like I'm a problem gambler, when actually I'm just a matched better!

Can I ask what answers you're attempting to find? I ask because you don't need a dissertation to tell us that gambling is way too accessible - that much is obvious. Are you looking to discover the most effective ways of gambling advertising, or something else?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here