Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Eastbourne Town v Brighton And Hove Albion U23s Sussex Senior Cup Quarter Final Tonight

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
104’

:goal:

Albion take the lead in extra time.

Tomlinson's header from Leonard's corner crashes against the crossbar, and Cashman follows up to fire the ball over the goal line from close range.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Great win

1b7c17c1455c51b3d7198690956009ba.jpg

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Is the final of the Sussex Senior Cup still played at the Amex?

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
If you turn him round , he has the word Down on his back .

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Sussex FA has the semi final as taking place at Nyewood Lane rather than a neutral venue, but no date. Will be a big test for the youngsters.

Attachments

• SSC SF.jpg
    SSC SF.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 306

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I see the Hayward's Heath v Burgess Hill semi final is at the Hanbury ground. Perhaps their is no neutral semi finals and we will play at Nyewood Lane.

http://www.sussexfa.com/cups-and-co...2018-2019/sussex-senior-challenge-cup/results

The Haywards Heath website has that fixture down as being at Culver Road:-

1234.jpg

The Bognor Regis Town website also has their semi-final as being at Culver Road (currently showing as March 5 against TBA - I guess that date may yet change).

I'm sticking with my previous assertion that the ties will be played at Lancing! :thumbsup:

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

View attachment 104781

The Bognor Regis Town website also has their semi-final as being at Culver Road (currently showing as March 5 against TBA - I guess that date may yet change).

I'm sticking with my previous assertion that the ties will be played at Lancing! :thumbsup:

That would be brilliant, what I want, however I am working away on the 5th *now the 4th that would be ace, so can only hope it has a live stream or audio feed.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

View attachment 104781

Bostik league website also states 5 March with Culver Road Lancing the venue.

http://www.isthmian.co.uk/up-for-thecounty-cups-55508

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I see the Hayward's Heath v Burgess Hill semi final is at the Hanbury ground. Perhaps their is no neutral semi finals and we will play at Nyewood Lane.

Sussex FA has the semi final as taking place at Nyewood Lane rather than a neutral venue, but no date. Will be a big test for the youngsters.

That would be brilliant, what I want, however I am working away on the 5th *now the 4th that would be ace, so can only hope it has a live stream or audio feed.

Bostik league website also states 5 March with Culver Road Lancing the venue.

So, over the weekend it was announced that Albion's scheduled semi-final against Bognor at the neutral venue of Culver Road on March 5 had been postponed (reportedly because the U-23s play the day before, against Derby). That means in successive rounds Albion have been able to get the tie postponed, firstly because the U-18s had played two days before, and now because the U-23s are due to play the day before. This despite the fact that Seaford Town were thrown out of the competition in an earlier round this season when they were unable to raise a team on the scheduled date.

The tie has now been arranged for March 19, but as Culver Road is unavailable on that date the fixture will be played at Bognor's Nyewood Lane.

Even as an Albion fan, it's difficult not to conclude that Albion have asked for (and been granted) privileged treatment not accorded to other teams in the competition.

Venue change will quell fans' criticism over Bognor v Brighton cup clash

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Not going to go down well with the grassroots and non-league fans in Sussex that's for sure!

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
So, over the weekend it was announced that Albion's scheduled semi-final against Bognor at the neutral venue of Culver Road on March 5 had been postponed (reportedly because the U-23s play the day before, against Derby). That means in successive rounds Albion have been able to get the tie postponed, firstly because the U-18s had played two days before, and now because the U-23s are due to play the day before. This despite the fact that Seaford Town were thrown out of the competition in an earlier round this season when they were unable to raise a team on the scheduled date.

The tie has now been arranged for March 19, but as Culver Road is unavailable on that date the fixture will be played at Bognor's Nyewood Lane.

Even as an Albion fan, it's difficult not to conclude that Albion have asked for (and been granted) privileged treatment not accorded to other teams in the competition.

Venue change will quell fans' criticism over Bognor v Brighton cup clash

Still on a Tuesday unfortunately, just now need them to move it to Monday. if not I hope Rocks Radio broadcast it. http://mixlr.com/rocksradio/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here