Sounds like one not to miss!

Alice Cooper 2_11_10 copy.JPG

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I know this is heresy on here, but I went to see The Stranglers in Cambridge two or three years ago. Only the second gig I’ve ever walked out of. They were shocking - all over the place musically, and they really, really didn’t want to be there.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I know this is heresy on here, but I went to see The Stranglers in Cambridge two or three years ago. Only the second gig I’ve ever walked out of. They were shocking - all over the place musically, and they really, really didn’t want to be there.

Nothing changes, certainly had the hump the first time they played the Brighton Centre with Hugh angry with the audience and almost everything else

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The Brighton Centre date is Tuesday 8th October, so I will have to give it a miss as flying out to Singapore for a break to tie in with the October international break

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU

Nothing changes

Saw them at Wembley Stadium supporting The Who in 1979 (same day as Brighton's first match in Div 1 - yes, I know), and they were completely disinterested and consequently so were the audience.

Thought that was just a bad day at the office, but they were just the same when I next saw them a couple of years later in Cardiff.

Loved them on record, but gave up on them live after that...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Alice Cooper was headlining with Joan Jett and Motorhead support at the Brighton Centre about 10 yrs ago and great value for 30 notes.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I saw Alice at The Brighton Centre many many years back, great gig, a great showman. Never saw The Stranglers but have seen Hugh Cornwell do an acoustic set in Worthing. It was an OK gig but he needed some support like a drummer or Bass player I thought.

Also a lot of bitterness for the other Stranglers, he pointed out that he had the last laugh as he still gets a big chunk of royalties for writing most of the songs.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Nothing changes, certainly had the hump the first time they played the Brighton Centre with Hugh angry with the audience and almost everything else

Saw them at Wembley Stadium supporting The Who in 1979 (same day as Brighton's first match in Div 1 - yes, I know), and they were completely disinterested and consequently so were the audience.

Thought that was just a bad day at the office, but they were just the same when I next saw them a couple of years later in Cardiff.

Even back in the 70s they were a bit elderly to be punks, so making up for it with the correct punk attitude towards their audience, their music, and professionalism generally?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Saw them at the Dome a coupe of years and seems far to polished for my liking, it was just like listening to the record or CD.
The was no "live" experience. the were supported by the Godfather's that night who on the other hand were awesome.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Saw the Stranglers in 1982 and it was without doubt the best gig ever. Just the sheer raw energy; the sweat; the non-stop movement. The best.

Have seen them since a few times, and obviously, not as good now, but that 1982 memory has always walked into subsequent gigs with me and carried me along.

Shame they are at the BC though.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Remember seeing them at Top Rank back in the day and JJ not shy to use his boots on boisterous crowd members. Left a nasty taste for me. Highlight was/is Greenfield's keyboard.

No More Heroes was my first 'rebel' LP purchase aged 14 so will always have a place in my musical (hi)story.

PG

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jul 7, 2003
Shame it is the Stranglers as support - would much prefer to see an up and coming rock act supporting Vincent.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I remember them playing the top rank, with all the Dutch bikers. We saw the 'reformed' version play Canterbury Festival (Mount Ephraim) about 20 years ago (seems like yesterday) and they we all right. Presumably they will get their finger out supporting the legend that is Alice Cooper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here