Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] What have you witnessed growing up in the 70's/80's would you like to see creeping back

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Seaside Special, Summertime Special and The Specials.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
We should not forget that income inequality was at its lowest in the mid to late-1970s, while today Britain is one of the world’s most unequal countries.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
The forgotten art of fingering
This should be on the Crystal palace at 10 tonight thread.

Luncheon Vouchers and less cars on the roads.
My Dad would come home with pockets full of LV's. As for cars, yearn for the old empty roads and free parking.

Me too.

Strip at the Ship. :blush:
Was this on Lewes Road opp B&Q Fridays? And you had to stay after 2 to get the best show thus being late back to work. And free parking outside in those days. Thought about this today when I saw that they've pulled down the building.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Love they neighbour
wheeltappers and shutters social club
Mind your language

All good wholesome family fun

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ahhhh.........halcyon days

Punk
Standing on the terraces
Watching the Piranhas down the Alhambra on a Sunday night
jumpers for goalposts

I did that soooo many times. The Dandies. Blues Jim. Bloody magic.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We should not forget that income inequality was at its lowest in the mid to late-1970s, while today Britain is one of the world’s most unequal countries.

Yes but it was still largely shit. And for some, extremely so.

shocking-pictures-tell-tale-of-extreme-poverty-in-seventies-britain-136393561500503901-141002163.jpg

2D5D6F7800000578-0-image-a-1_1444784774565.jpg

Things are, on average, better now. We live better. We are healthier and less ignorant.

The only thing from the 70s I'd really like to see back is 60 years' of who-knows-what life ahead of me. Like Woody Allen once said, 'I want to achieve immortality by living forever'. But not that....living a fresh life with wonder and expectation, like it was when I was 20. But that would be a bit greedy.....:lolol:

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
wage packet with real money inside

then pissing it all up over the weekend

and wondering if you had enough petrol money left to be able to get to work for the rest of the week

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
Flares

Ben Sherman Jumbo Collars

Aztec Bars

No shops open on a Sunday apart from the newsagent until lunchtime

Alan Freeman on Pick of the Pops

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Taking your 12 or 20 holiday photos to Boots to be developed and waiting 2 days to discover how crap they looked, esp your photo of your mates (NOT YOU) with some birds from Newcastle. Still stuck them in an album though with labels such as “Mick with a girl at the Champions Bar on the last day, magic”

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Yes but it was still largely shit. And for some, extremely so.

View attachment 104754

View attachment 104755

Things are, on average, better now. We live better. We are healthier and less ignorant.

The only thing from the 70s I'd really like to see back is 60 years' of who-knows-what life ahead of me. Like Woody Allen once said, 'I want to achieve immortality by living forever'. But not that....living a fresh life with wonder and expectation, like it was when I was 20. But that would be a bit greedy.....:lolol:

All true but income inequality was lower

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
All true but income inequality was lower

True. But the issue is whether it is income that is paramount, or inequality. For me it is income. As long as more people have enough, I don't care if some people have insane amounts more. History shows that striving for equality tends to end in more people getting poorer. I give you Venezuela. Even Russia has given up communism. China is just pretending to be communist. Autocracy, more like.

Don't get me wrong, allowing a clique to get rich by theiving off the poor (Thatcherism) is deplorable. But, with some blips, things have been heading towards better for decades (except, perhaps, for the mentally ill; the number of rough sleepers I see between Victora and Westminster each day is getting rediculous....).

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
See what I've done there, I'm a freakin genius and you lot would be lost without me.

Anyhoo

View attachment 104739

View attachment 104740

Nostalgic, but people are forgetting something.
If I was to eat a Texan bar today it would pull my fillings out or even a tooth or two, sadly.
I struggled a bit with them years ago.
And if anyone with false teeth thinks they would love to have a chew on one you will have to remember what they were like.

el punal

Also evenings Thursday(?)

I believe that was the Vogue Cinema Club. I was advised that if you wore glasses not to sit in the front row. Apparently a rather buxom lady who was performing there noticed a gentleman, in the front row, peering at her through a pair of bottle stop specs. The lady in question bent down and parted her bosom around the poor man’s glasses and took them off, and, still holding them in her magnificent orbs, continued with her routine. I’m not altogether sure whether the myopic gent fumbled around to retrieve them but I’ll have a bet they were steamed up when he did.

P.S. It was after that incident that I decided to wear contact lenses. :blush:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here