Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] What have you witnessed growing up in the 70's/80's would you like to see creeping back

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
IMG_0138.JPGI still have a few vintage BS shirts in a case, and others of similar vintage, last year I treated myself to a shirt. No half measures. . , **** fashion and opinion, just what I wanted. .

Flares

Ben Sherman Jumbo Collars

Aztec Bars

No shops open on a Sunday apart from the newsagent until lunchtime

Alan Freeman on Pick of the Pops

Falmerfourtickets

Dec 14, 2010
Bristol Lodekka open top no 77 crawling up Snakey Hill en route to the Dyke
School summer holiday play schemes
The Red Arrows between the Piers (occasionally crashing)
The Skate Park in Cranbourne Street.
The ABC Cinema
The several football pitches in Toads Hole Valley.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Birthday money

Finishing school on a Friday.

Bedtimes

Picnic dinners

Free gifts in snacks and comics

Trips to the cinema when films were a real event. Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Ghostbusters etc

I dunno, maybe I just miss being a kid.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I must be a bit younger :) I used to see the Piranhas at the Buccaneer just up from the Hungry Years.

Yep. Me too. And the Resources Centre. Wrist Action. Joby and the Hooligans. The Molestors. Later, The Chefs.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yep. Me too. And the Resources Centre. Wrist Action. Joby and the Hooligans. The Molestors. Later, The Chefs.

Lol! Your list of bands I’ve never heard of just keeps growing HWT! Didn’t you ever just go and see The Beatles like everyone else? ;)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Lol! Your list of bands I’ve never heard of just keeps growing HWT! Didn’t you ever just go and see The Beatles like everyone else? ;)

See The Beatles like everyone else? If only! I've seen pretty much all of the bands from that and later eras that I wanted to see - Stones, Who, Kinks, Jefferson Airplane, Velvet Underground, The Byrds, Moody Blues, Donovan, Leonard Cohen, Fairport Convention, Tull, Pink Floyd, etc, etc, but like a majority of people, I never got to see The Beatles.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
See The Beatles like everyone else? If only! I've seen pretty much all of the bands from that and later eras that I wanted to see - Stones, Who, Kinks, Jefferson Airplane, Velvet Underground, The Byrds, Moody Blues, Donovan, Leonard Cohen, Fairport Convention, Tull, Pink Floyd, etc, etc, but like a majority of people, I never got to see The Beatles.

Fair weather fan...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here