Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk and Ryan back for the FA Cup? Dilemmas for Hughton

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Do we think Button has been promised the GK spot in the cup? Even if we got to the final?!

Will Dan 'two assists for the opposition' Burn keep his place, or will CH revert to D&D?

I'd assume Bernardo, Kayal, Bruno and especially AK all have a decent chance of starting.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Got to go full strength for Millwall. Bollocks to the league we will be fine. Won't have a better opportunity of getting to a final.

I was thinking more about loyalty/promises to players rather than keeping them fresh for the Premier League, to be honest.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Pick the best team to play Millwall.

That might not mean Ryan or Dunk, but gotta go out to win this bloody game.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
We may be playing Cardiff in the midweek before the game, but there is an International break straight after the Cup game.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I imagine it will depend on the Premier League results before then. Three wins and by all means play a full-strength side at Millwall. Three defeats and we should send out the under-23s.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Loyalty? Football? ........................... Okey-dokey.

There shouldn't have been promises made to any player that they would play in the cup. Playing in the earlier rounds of the cup gives them a chance to force their way into selection for the next match, that is all.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I think Chris will want to get to the final as much as anyone.
I'm damn sure Tony will.(not that he has any sway in team selection)

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Dunk has a 'knock' or niggle, and Burn has been fairly good up to now. He has just come from the Championship so more experience of that level, recently.
Button has had a couple of clean sheets so doesn't deserve to be dropped imo.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

This - strongest team please CH

It will depend I guess on what happens between now and then - 2 or 3 wins, then I expect a side more resembling the strongest side. Less than that and I think we will see the Cup side, with a speckling of the regular starters.. To be fair, this will be the lowest ranked side we have played and therefore the approach CH has taken so far could still be argued...

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Dunk has a 'knock' or niggle

Right, but I'm sure he will be fit for Millwall. CH hasn't played D&D together in the cup.

Burn has been fairly good up to now. He has just come from the Championship so more experience of that level, recently.

He's gifted goals to the opposition in the last two FA Cup matches, through poor clearances.

I would have said the same before Saturday...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Dunk has a 'knock' or niggle, and Burn has been fairly good up to now. He has just come from the Championship so more experience of that level, recently.
Button is an accident waiting to happen and Burns is quite clearly NOT in Dunk's class. And that is the dilemma [MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION] is throwing open to the forum.

It will be interesting to see if Hughton stays true to his inferior players who got us here, or whether professionalism and ability trumps short term loyalty.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It will depend I guess on what happens between now and then - 2 or 3 wins, then I expect a side more resembling the strongest side. Less than that and I think we will see the Cup side, with a speckling of the regular starters.. To be fair, this will be the lowest ranked side we have played and therefore the approach CH has taken so far could still be argued...

Probably right........we could be safe by the time of the tie, or massively right back in the shite. Interesting times.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
He's gifted goals to the opposition in the last two FA Cup matches, through poor clearances.

Uh, not sure what game you were watching - but although Burn's clearance against West Brom wasn't the greatest - Balogun was much much much more to blame - as was Button, than Dan Burn was for the West Brom goal.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Lets see how form and confidence goes over the next 3 PL matches and where the table stands. With Izquierdo back, Andone suspension finished, hopefully nothing serious to Locadia, we have options both for the PL and the cup.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It won't be the PL starting team.

Andone will start in place of Murray.
Given Knockaert usually excels against Championship sides he will start
Bissouma is suspended, so the midfield three could be Stephens, Propper and Kayal with Gross rested

No doubt Bruno will get an outing

The one position that has the biggest question mark is the keeper. Unlike most of the outfield positions, the gap between first choice and back up is huge. I would much prefer to see Ryan rather than Button.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Button is an accident waiting to happen and Burns is quite clearly NOT in Dunk's class. And that is the dilemma [MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION] is throwing open to the forum.

It will be interesting to see if Hughton stays true to his inferior players who got us here, or whether professionalism and ability trumps short term loyalty.

This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Uh, not sure what game you were watching - but although Burn's clearance against West Brom wasn't the greatest - Balogun was much much much more to blame - as was Button, than Dan Burn was for the West Brom goal.

Ok, Balogun was more at fault, but Burn's woeful clearance caused the chaos.

And his equally woeful clearance against Derby went straight to Ashley Cole.

I'm not writing off Burn forever - I'm sure he's a great prospect - but he's clearly no Dunk or Duffy right now, so if CH picks him for Millwall, he is actively weakening the team.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here