[Albion] Dunk and Ryan back for the FA Cup? Dilemmas for Hughton

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't want a repeat of 1983

It WILL happen.

That or a repeat of 2016, with plucky Roy and chums finally coming out on top.

I am more keen on seeing the red shite knocked out than anything, tbh. Well.....

at least I am not bedazzled by the thought of jinxes. No, not at all.

Edit: Every time I type 'Roy' the text autoconverts to Roy. Have we been hacked by a Croydon pedant? ???

Edit: **** me. I give up. This is WEIRD.

Edit. I never give up.....WWWWRoy. Stitch that.

Edit B'stards!!!!!

W oy.

Done it! Now we WILL win the cup.

fur Q.jpg

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think you have to go with the strongest line-up you can, especially as there's an international break the week after, so 2 weeks until the next match.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Dunk’s done it twice this season, one was against Everton which went straight to Richarlison leaving him with a clean run at Duffy. I can’t remember the second but it was at the AMEX.

I actually think Shane has been at a more consistent level than Dunk this season.

Fair enough. My knowledge of football nuance is notoriously laughable. I just let it all wash over me most of the time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that even the reduced squad as have played moist cup games this season should be capable of beating Millwall. The big problem is whether like 1983 they get immersed in the cup and forget their bread and butter games, the league. Hope fully by the time of the cup game we will have 2 more wins on the board.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
It's going to be a toxic atmosphere which many of our players won't have experienced before? The players on the pitch will need lots of character to fight for the right to play our game but with cool heads.

Have Stephens and Kayal there to control the midfield, plus they have experience of playing there and playing Millwall. With Propper playing slightly more forward. Most of that team above will have experienced the New Den before and know what to expect.

It will be about keeping it tight for the first half to quiet down the crowd.

Button always looks nervous. The Den not a place for a nervy keeper.

Flipping heck. It’s a few fat old skinheads shouting about ‘queers’, and a bunch of teenagers in pink Lyle and Scott jumpers making slit throat gestures from behind a line of stewards. It’s not La bloody Bombanera.

Christ.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Do we think Button has been promised the GK spot in the cup? Even if we got to the final?!

Will Dan 'two assists for the opposition' Burn keep his place, or will CH revert to D&D?

I'd assume Bernardo, Kayal, Bruno and especially AK all have a decent chance of starting.

Any real need to have a pop at a lad who’s come in and done really well or was that the intention of your thread? Harsh.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think it will be ''as you were'' till the semi final

Millwall are slightly one dimensional but their style of play is very ''disruptive'' and that style of play could beat anyone on it's day. They have quite a few weak spots in their armour and I am sure CH will be made very aware of them.

Second string on a good day could despatch them but they do have goals in them from many areas of the pitch and that's a worry.

The league has to be the most important thing. Take your eye of that and you could be in trouble. For that reason you need to avoid as many injuries and suspensions as you can still.

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
Flipping heck. It’s a few fat old skinheads shouting about ‘queers’, and a bunch of teenagers in pink Lyle and Scott jumpers making slit throat gestures from behind a line of stewards. It’s not La bloody Bombanera.

Christ.

:laugh: Well put.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Any real need to have a pop at a lad who’s come in and done really well or was that the intention of your thread? Harsh.

No, the thread is asking if Dunk and Ryan should feature at Millwall (and possibly beyond) - or whether CH should stay loyal to the players who have got us this far in the competition.

There are obv arguments for both.

Many fans have said we should play our strongest team which means 'dropping' Button and Burn.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Needs to be our strongest team.

If Ryan doesn’t play than he has absolutely no chance of winining anything with the club. In theory Button could lay a handful of games and get a fa cup medal. If I was Ryan, this would majorly piss me off. I’m sure at the end of his career he would prefer to have a F A Cup final medal and the experience that this would go very him, rather than stories of how he helped keep Brighton in the Premier League for a while!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Do we think Button has been promised the GK spot in the cup? Even if we got to the final?!

No. Harsh imo.

Will Dan 'two assists for the opposition' Burn keep his place, or will CH revert to D&D?

No (yes). Probably for the best.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The only thing I might’ve done differently today is possibly Bruno - up against a Champ side I reckon he could still work his magic with Knocky down the right. No complaints about the side he has put out though.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Always going to be a problem somewhere down the line in a successful cup run. At some point you have to stop throwing scraps to the squad players that got you that far and hand over to the first team. It's harsh but professional.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My only criticism, which would have been expected is Kayal in midfield as I would have preferred to have seen either Molumby or Sanders brought in with Kayal on the bench in case it didn't work and they struggled,.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
My only criticism, which would have been expected is Kayal in midfield as I would have preferred to have seen either Molumby or Sanders brought in with Kayal on the bench in case it didn't work and they struggled,.

Reckon Kayal will have a HUGE game today. Wouldn't be surprised if he popped up with a goal.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here